Author Topic: Darci x banner still waiting!!!!  (Read 4416 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Darci x banner still waiting!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »
Those are always so discouraging, as you've waited so long, and then there is nothing.  I had that happen with one of my Peruvian Paso mares once, and it made me almost crazy after waiting so long.  But, sometimes that's the "breeding" world.

I hope baby is still there for her.   ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »
Any progress Hayley ?  ;pray

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »
Vet been out. Rectal, nothing. Scan, nothing. Said she was incredibly tight and small (not uncommon for a maiden mare even at 34") and advised a ultrasound at the clinic, again nothing.

So its being clocked to a phantom...and she still has fluid from hormones or something.

Will see what happens next year when...(spoiler alert) banner comes back here! Hes coming back to re"do" both Charm and Darci. Im very excited, cause i miss him a lot hes such a special dude.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 10:01:29 PM »
Sorry she's not in foal.hope next year she will settle!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »
Sorry she's not in foal, but glad Banner will be making an appearance and covering your girls for you.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 01:48:56 PM »
With fluid showing, did she culture her just to make sure everything will be ready to go when handsome Banner arrives "home" ?
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
Great News about Banner :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 09:29:53 AM »
So......it's next year. LOL  Has Banner returned in preparation for re"doing" the girls yet?  Any updated news or photos to share?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 05:50:30 PM »
No unfortunately i dont know if he will or not anymore as he will be going up for sale very soon. Its been such a long winter none the mares are even seasoning yet so getting him now would not be worth it. Im hoping that if they come in soon i can nab him for a few weeks/months to get the job done..but its not looking great.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »
Praying it works out in your favor!   ;pray ;pray

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 09:33:02 AM »
Any updates on the Banner front?  Has anyone shown any interest yet? If you don't have access to him this year, are you considering any other stallion?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »
He has not yet officially been advertised, as owner wants him to be the last one left sort of thing...in the hope her circumstance changes or some other miracle happens. Ive not asked much about it cause i dont want to add any pressure to her or her situation. If i had more land i would have him in a hearbeat..even to geld he is amazing to show and drive.

As for other stallions, ive seen three that i really like for Charm (same owner as Darci but Charms in my care) But i have to stop myself because i think for time/land/money im at my limit with what i have. However, i have told Thrillers owner that im considering putting him out on loan, cause as amazing as he is he is the type who really thrives with work, a job and interaction. When he was being shown he had all that but now he is literally just my babysitter and i dont have the time to do the things he really loves and he would be perfect to do therapy work with (which i have already done with him, so proven)

The only thing holding me back on that is that he is a good company for Louie, and i don't want Lou being alone for the next however long i decide to keep him entire because i wanted another foal (that could be a colt, and possibly not be able to be with lou anyway)

The only thing that could change is that i sell Meadow, and thats just not going to happen. She was my first foal, and she is here for life.

Another option is i get a foal out of charm then move her on, but at the moment she is the only one i can drive (Ive decided to retire Goldie) so id rather focus on that then she will be able to sell better as a good driving mare too.

So basically im not looking a foal this year at all and Banner selling may be a blessing. Id still love to have got Darci covered though, as i feel kind of bad that the first outside mare i had in didnt produce a foal. (but if i had know her dam was notorious for phantoms, i would have bloody insisted on a scan!!) I have no say on who gets to cover her now.

I can't even use charms owners land cause its all for sale, so if i was to put charm out there still as mine but on "livery" it would only be temporary and if it sold i would be left in a tight situation. I already have a big horse stabled and thats all i can afford to do lol

I need more land :(

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »
So sorry you're in such a predicament with land and horses.  But, I know you'll do what's right for you, and we'll all enjoy hearing your decisions.  So many things to figure out.  I don't envy you, but I'm praying it all just falls together for you!   ;pray ;pray

Offline Ryan

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 11:52:38 PM »
I don't envy you either. That is quite some decision making a head of you.

My only advice is "Buy a tattslotto ticket"  You never know , It may  just be the answer you're looking for :)