Message Boards > General Discussion

Arrrggghhhh!!!!! - dog topic...

<< < (2/10) > >>

Holly:
Sure hope all turns out well for y'all.

dcwolcott:
Hope the vet can do something to save poor Rough.  Keep us posted!    ;pray ;pray

Chanda:
I wish Rough would behave and help save himself, but being a high-energy stock dog, keeping him cooped up, even with sedatives, isn't easy.  vet sent us home with some ACE, he didn't really need it til the last couple weeks, and now it seems he needs every bit the vet allows to keep him calm enough to allow it to heal.
I went to bed early last night, so I could get plenty of sleep to be up early and head off to town first thing this morning.   I didn't sleep worth a darn last night, so I'm dog tired this morning.   Will check a couple things on the computer, eat breakfast, then head out to feed horses and barn cats, so I can take off for town pretty early.  [Won't get there when they open at 8AM, but it shouldn't be too long after that.]

Chanda:
We got the vet to put him in a splint, so if he manages to get it off again, we can rewrap and hopefully save a trip to the vet. She also sent him home with more sedatives, and directions for a stronger dose, should he need it (he's pretty crocked right now from the vet's sedation, so quiet for the moment), and a couple rolls of Elasticon sticky bandage.

If you guys have more ideas for "no chew" products, fire away.   I don't have it on hand, but know about bitter apple, which doesn't always work.   I have Irish Spring soap, which was recommended at one time to stop horses from chewing on boards.  Tobasco has been recommended, we don't have any, besides he'd probably like it.    And, I have Schreiner's Herbal Wound spray, which I'm pretty sure tastes nasty, it's alcohol based, and I sprayed it on a wound on a barn cat, and she made the most awful face when she licked herself after, so it might work.

Anna:
Poor fella, hope things soon improve for him - and you. x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version