Author Topic: Snickas  (Read 7956 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Re: Snickas
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 04:58:56 AM »
I'm fairly sure she had an udder for weeks prior to foaling last time, then like you said she had no bag for a while then she had a bag again and then she foaled not long after? I think. So would she still be a few weeks off foaling or could she be closer?

She has some development today!

Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »
Oh my, hangin' low!!  Looks like she's ready for the countdown.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »
She's making great progress Carly . Look for her udder to fill a little more. Keep us posted with pictures. Your definitely on foal watch now. Get that foaling kit stocked up and ready .

Best wishes for a safe foaling  ;pray

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 07:18:16 PM »
Praying for a safe delivery of a healthy little one!  ;pray ;pray ;pray   Can't wait to see more pictures!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 11:34:22 PM »
Thank you!

Does anyone have a rough idea on how close she could be? We are getting anxious because we have a holiday planned soon, and really dont want to be away when baby comes (although we have horsey friends and knowledgeable neighbors to be there for her if need be). :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 04:05:46 AM »
I've also noticed her doing a LOT of butt rubbing.
I mean to the point where she completely snapped a star picket. It was probably a bad time for me to properly straighten the fence panels in the pens, because she has bent them all again... Yay for me. Not. :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 01:27:29 AM »
Here's an update on Snickas. Last night she had a lot of pressure on her hind end, and today her udder is a bit bigger.

First photos are from last night, then some from just now.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 08:02:22 AM »
She has nice elongation, her udder is nicely filled, even the nipples.  From the back shot it looks like baby is still a little wide, but that can change very quickly with some good rolls.  Can you get us a side shot so we can see how baby is riding?

I don't think you will have long to wait if she continues to move ahead so nicely.

Praying for a safe and uneventful delivery of a healthy little one!!   ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 07:07:22 PM »
I agree , Not long Now :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 07:37:06 PM »
YAY!!
She is SUPER grumpy today... I have Today and Wednesday off, its Exam block and I have no scheduled exams till Thursday so I can be with her.
Her udder is bigger again today, and she looks narrower from behind. I have decided to keep her up close now so she cant go down the back paddock out of our sight.

Any more thoughts? There is also a side shot for you  :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2017, 08:31:49 PM »
Good Idea keeping her close at this stage of her pregnancy, If she needs you , you need to be able to get there fast.

Her udder is continuing to grow. Keep a look out for her to be waxing, but she is getting close now so keep a close eye on her

Would be great if she can fit in with your exams and studying  lol

Also you have my mobile number if you need anything :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »
Do you think shes close as in days close?

I leave for our family holiday on Saturday and Im deciding whether or not to stay home for her. I dont like the idea of leaving her in the hands of my nan, who is not confident around them, and Tenae who is half an hour drive away, because if anything were to happen it might be too late before she gets here.

Id love if she would just foal before friday, that way I can make sure her and baby are good and healthy before we leave and Tenae and nan can care for them while im gone... But I think thats a long shot.  :(

Offline Ryan

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »
Shes getting very close , how close I cant say.

If i were to have a "guess" Id say within the next week , but you know too well ( having foals already) that my "guess" could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off

My cousin is waiting for her foal to drop and she is two weeks past her due date. She is a Maiden though.

Now probably not what you want to hear , but if she was mine and being this close, Id be staying home . I know you are looking forward to your holiday , but you will have plenty more holidays in the near future im sure.

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »
I super hope its soon!
I'm most likely going to stay home if she continues to show signs of foaling soon.. Shes lucky I love her!

Here she is this morning.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
Good decision Carly :)

Her udder is continuing to fill nicely :)