Author Topic: Hello again!!  (Read 949 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Hello again!!
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:10:47 AM »
I haven't been on here in about 2 months, life has been pretty busy for me, so I will just pop in and say HI!  ;D

A few exciting things have happened over that 2 months, including a holiday, a new mini, a new horse float and my driving test is booked in for this Thursday!

In May, I went on our yearly holiday to Brooms Head in NSW. I always look forward to that trip. This year my 23 year old cousin, Dean and I decided that on our last day we would to on a 21 Kilometer coastal and bush walk from Brooms head up to the Angourie Lookout. On our journey we found that we missed the opening to the inland track 7 km back, when we came face to face with a cliff and a dead end. So we had to climb the cliff because the tide was coming in quick. Once we were up we had to climb through thick bushes to find there was no track. The trees were very low, so we had to crawl on our bellies until we found the track. It took us a whole 7 hours and 40 minutes to complete, coming out with a few cuts and scratches, mainly just tired. But It was definitely worth it, and an experience to remember!

In June, I got a new Mini from my friends neighbors. Her name is Sweetie, shes 2 and a half and quite thin, but shes settling in very well and will be putting on weight in no time!  ;D

Last week, I got a new horse float. Its designed for minis and will fit 2 in very well. Its a project, so its all stripped out and I almost have it sanded back ready to give it a paint job! My dad has a mate who can help him make a roof for it, so far we are thinking a checker plate front with oiled decking timber sides as the outside look with the frame being white again  :) And on Thursday I will have my drivers licence and I can tow it! (If I pass that is) :)

Id love to know how you are all doing, and what's new for you!!  ;D
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Carly Rae

Re: Hello again!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:22:23 AM »
And a few photos!  ;D
 From my holiday, the red fresh water on the beach was pretty cool, although quite creepy in the deep parts.
There's one in there from our walk of me standing in the trees when we reached the top of the cliff when we got lost. You can see how dense the trees were.
The last one shows when we reached a sitting place looking back on how far we had walked on the beach. Ihave circled where Brooms head is, which is where we started from

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »
Glad you're back, and the pictures are beautiful!!

You'll have to share a picture of your new little girl, when you get a chance.  And certainly let us know how you do on your driving test!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 06:53:41 PM »
Thanks Diane!

Here are some photos of Sweetie.
Shes 2 and a half, and 80 Kilograms. The people she came from weren't the best, they were very rude to us, and bluntly told us to leave when we arrived at their place to pick her up because they "had 'crap' to do", even though we had that time and date arranged for a week prior, and had driven 40 minutes to get there. They ended up contacting us when we drove another 40 minutes to get home saying she was tied to the gate if we wanted her. So we drove back and she was tied tight to the gate on an old piece of rope tangled in twine and mud... and her own mane. We loaded her, paid the lady and left.

Her tail was overgrown on the ground, tangled around her legs, stuck in her hooves. You could feel every bone in her body, neck was so thin. Gave her a good brush, tail trim and rugged her.

I've had her a month now, shes doing great, although is getting cheeky. I've spoiled her a bit, so we are working on that. Shes been wormed, and she is on good feed that was recommended to us. It was hard trying not to overfeed her, I felt so bad and just wanted to throw her the  whole 20kg bucket. She was fed small amounts to start. Shes on Pony mix, good grass and rhodes grass hay if I lock her up.  :)

My main concern is that her mother is still left at that place. The people also have dogs. I hope none are starving there. The people are on 7 acres, growing crops and cattle. Recently had 2 racehorses taken off them as they were emaciated. I'm putting in a concern about the animals there to get someone to inspect the property in a month or so.

Oops, that turned out much longer than I planned sorry!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:06:16 PM »
In the first lot of photos you can see how long her tail was.
The second lot shows the rope she was tied to with her mane tangled in it along with poop, mud and twine. You can also see where the chunk was taken out.

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
After a bath, she had terrible flakey skin. And it shows a bit more of how thin she is.
I love her tail though! The last one is after I took her braid out :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 07:55:45 PM »
Oh Carly, how sad.  But how WONDERFUL that you have her now, as we know she will blossom perfectly under your loving care.  I can't wait to see pictures as she progresses to be the beauty she was intended to be!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »
Oh that poor thing. Thank god you got her, she would be dead by now i fear.

Well done carly x

Offline Ryan

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 07:37:42 PM »
Welcome back , glad to hear life has been good for you.

Glad that she found you , just take it slowly with her introducing her to good quality hay.

cant wait to follow her  progress :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 02:10:34 AM »
I can't wait for summer and she sheds that wooly coat! hopefully shes a bit fatter by then though!

I GOT MY P PLATES TODAY!! I passed the driving test!  ;D ;D ;D ;D Better late then never!

Thats my little car 'Blue' wearing my red 'P' plates! Off to visit my cousin now!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 05:59:56 AM »
Congratulations!!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »
Wow Carpet you've been having quite the adventure! Looking forward to seeing your new pony when she's all fixed up!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com