The Castle Rock MARE-TERNITY WARD

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: $$$ HAY $$$  (Read 248 times)

dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: $$$ HAY $$$
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 06:06:58 PM »

I remember those days, with the dime pepsi and the hamburgers a quarter.  Remember when the first A&W came along, or the first McDonalds?  I used to love those rootbeer floats from A&W!

I could fill my car for less than $3.00 (had a VW Bug), and my first job paid $1.26/hour, and I left there and went to work at IBM Federal Systems Division for $2.00/hour.  That was really good money back then!  I remember a can of Campbells Tomato Soup was 8 cents a can, and a loaf of bread less than a quarter -- and that was for the "good" stuff.  Heck, rent that included everything was only $100 was I got married.  Can't remember what college tuition was back then, but I look at what it costs now (and what college cost for my first daughter entering college) and nearly had a stroke.  Then when it came to Medical School - oh boy, oh boy!  Those were the days.  I remember having 3 in college at the same time with 2 at home, and pinching every penny.  I made all my kids leave Florida for school, but with sports scholarships, it cancelled out the "out-of-state" tuition costs.

So glad that part of my life is over!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Ryan

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »

I remember when we were allowed to go to the milkbar with $1 for sweets and you would come out with enough to last you a week. Even the quality was better back then than it is now.

Now days everything is smaller and alot more expensive !!

Ryan

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 01:17:33 AM »

Just found some Lurcern bales at $15.90 :) :) :) :)

Will be picking some up tomorrow night
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up