Author Topic: Appaloosa Halter Futurities--FOR MINIATURES!!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Appaloosa Halter Futurities--FOR MINIATURES!!
« on: August 28, 2020, 09:25:12 PM »
Here is a link to last year's results, as well as Futurity info.  There's also a copy of the article they published in the "Appaloosa Journal."

http://theappaloosahalterfuturity.com/

As of the updated class schedule from 21 August, this year's Halter Futurity-Miniatures will be judged on 30 October at 3:00 p.m.  Here's the link to the show schedule and flyers:

https://www.appaloosa.com/worlds-show/world-show.htm

Though I currently own a pinto colored horse, my dream is still to one day have a nice miniature Apoaloosa.  Don't know if I'll ever be financially secure enough to breed them....but OOOHHHH, imagine how nifty to show at Appaloosa World!   ;pray🤩🤩🥰
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Appaloosa Halter Futurities--FOR MINIATURES!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 04:24:26 PM »
Ive been more than fortunate to own some of the nicest and I think "most handsome" boys and "most lovely" girls in the appaloosa business:

There is "Drum Roll Please" who was a Silver Bay Leopard, 3rd in the AMHA Nationals, and was a National Top Ten Multi-Color Stallion (2nd or 3rd in class - can't remember...

then "Legacy's Golden Ticket - a Palomino Few Spot a Grand Champion Stallion and Jr., Champion Stallion....

"Classy Cat" - a Buckskin Appaloosa girl who placed at AMHA NAtionals...

"Sugar and Spice" - AMHR Reserve Grand Champion Mare and Jr. Champion Mare...

"Bootyliciious" - a CHestnut Leopard mare...

Impressive Surprise - a Chestnut Leopard stallion...

And of Course "Spotty" - a Buckskin Leopard stallion who's my Avatar.

There have been several more, but these were some of the "SPOTTED" ones!  LOL

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 01:55:06 AM »
That's a nice group there, Diane!

I do know the I like Carousel's Designer Legacy.  I've seen quite a few daughters and granddaughters.  Those mares seem to produce MUCH better than themselves, no matter what type stallions they're put to (within reason, of course.)  His male get are nice, don't get me wrong.  I just really really like better what his females produce.

Hopefully, by next spring I'll be in a position to acquire at least one appy to show next year.  My justification is going to be that it's not good for Tejano to be an only horse. 😉😉
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:22:00 AM »
Yes, I was pleased with "Ticket" who was a Legacy son, but had around 15 stallions at one time, so lots of choices to take the mares to, to see what came out the nicest.  I hope you find the perfect one next year!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'