Author Topic: MEMBERS WILDLIFE PHOTOS  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Re: MEMBERS WILDLIFE PHOTOS
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2017, 06:34:27 AM »
OMG! They are so cute!
Love the second photo!!!  ;D
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 09:06:08 PM »
Baby swans.....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!  They are so lovely, I just can't imagine how the story The Ugly Duckling ever had a cygnet as the protagonist.  ::)
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
I wish I could say that they were still at home and growing up. Unfortunately , after being a couple of days old, I returned home to find they had vanished. ( without sounding like a 10yo girl) I was a little disappointed and shattered :(

Completely vanished............ I found it really weird, being so young that the parents would lead them away from the nest but from what I can remember from the last time, they used to like going for a wonder.

I know that there are a few big lakes on properties further down the road, so Im wishful thinking that they are there.

The female still flys in every couple of days and If something had happened to her signets , Id think she would be a little stressed when swimming over to her nest, but she isnt so Im thinking they are ok , just decided to try a new B&B  :D

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »
So sorry they have moved on.  We all would have liked watching them grow up, but we'll look forward to next years brood?  Do they usually nest in the same place?  I know several birds that come back to hatch eggs -- several of our cranes, etc., will return for nesting and then move on.  Just wondering?
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 07:06:29 PM »
I agree it would have been really cool watching them mature and learn to fly, I just hope they made it safely to their next destination.

From the little research i did do, I dont think they will return next year. They apparently nest at other destinations for years before returning.

The male was on the lake this morning when I woke up.