Author Topic: "LEGEND OF SCOUT LC" miniature colt born May 29 2017 around 1100 p.m.  (Read 4000 times)

Offline clara cain

Our first miniature horse foal!  Diamond is a talented mother.  She had him, cleaned him up, cut the cord, licked the cord, and had him nursing.  He was still partly wet when I looked in on her in the dark. i have always had Arabians and this little miniature mom was the best!  Thank you Diane for all of your help and encouragement!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
He is just lovely!!!!  So happy you shared him with us!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Just Perfect! Congrats!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Ryan

Congratulations I love his markings :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Congrats!  He's darling.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline clara cain

Our first miniature horse foal!  Diamond is a talented mother.  She had him, cleaned him up, cut the cord, licked the cord, and had him nursing.  He was still partly wet when I looked in on her in the dark. i have always had Arabians and this little miniature mom was the best!  Thank you Diane for all of your help and encouragement!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
I am so happy for you!  He's  a good looking little man and STOUT.  Very nice.  Can't wait to see more pics of him.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline clara cain

Thank you, I am a stout little boy.  Just like my Dad, Royal Oaks Indian Scout, that is in the next stall next to mom and I.  My Dad is the son of Fallen Ashes National Champion, Nightcap  and his Dad was the famous--L & D Scout!  Diane, did u know that my Scout has some Fabella in him from King Tiger way back? 

Offline clara cain

my sire royal oaks indian scout

Offline clara cain

my dad needs a haircut on his bridle path

Offline clara cain

me and mom 5 days old

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
That's very cool about King Tiger.  I'll have to do up a Falabella Blend pedigree for you.  I owe Holly several, but I've been so crazy, I haven't quite finished them.  So, I'll add another one to my list!

Your boy is certainly handsome, and they both did this little one PROUD!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline clara cain

I really appreciate all the info on Halter training.  Diane I would have liked to have been your foal.  I am afraid we have already made a lot of mistakes so we will use everybodys' ideas from now on.  Here is photo of him just standing in stall with halter on.  We are behind the camera very near.

Offline Ryan

Clara, just replying to your comment that you think you have made alot of mistakes with halter training , please dont think that. You are making great interaction with your foal which is great . I have a little mare who is 9 and was very much left for her first 5 years. The only interaction she had with her owners was that they would rush her into the corner of a stable to have her feet trimmed and now she suffers from major trust issues. Being that the only interaction she had was such a rushed experience for the first 5 years, its no wonder she has the issues that she does.

Once on the lead she really is a sweet mare , loves to be brushed and doted over. Its getting close enough to her to apply the halter that is the issue. Normally she will approach me and then realise at the last second how close she is and flip out. She has been like this since she was sold to the lady before me.

As you  can see everyone has different ideas regarding halter training , But we all agree that some interaction is necessary early on :)

By the way  he is very cute ( and not shy of the camera ) :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
As Ryan said, we all do things differently, so you haven't made mistakes, you just did things differently.  He looks just fine, and so handsome in his pretty halter!