Message Boards > General Discussion

Gardening!

<< < (27/30) > >>

dcwolcott:
HA!  This had me laughing!!  So enjoyable to read, and you make me tired just thinking of all you're doing!

Ryan:
Hahahahaha that is funny Julie.

Are you going to planting some veggies this year ?

Silver City Heritage Farm:
Yes Ryan, I'll be doing vegetables this year.  I'll also be doing herbs, and another attempt at flowers.  I still have most of my super, duper low price jackpot seeds, so I'll plant them ALL and see what sprouts.  My mint that I'd planted in a block survived the snows last year, but died off this fall.  My husband wanted to pull it out, but I convinced him to let me just cut it back.   ;D It's sprouting back now!  As far as using the chickens as tillers....I'm still trying to *entice* them into the pen.  I've been really REALLY mean this week....I've not fed them much of anything for the last 2 days.  Hopefully, by mid-day tomorrow they'll be hungry enough to rush into the pen.  Of course, me not feeding them doesn't say much.  They've beaten up the cats so many times over the cat food, that I'm not sure they're hungry at all.  ::) ::)

dcwolcott:
HA!!!  I just love your stories!  They make me smile!   ;D

Ryan:
Me too :)

Thats quite the seed collection , I hope you get a bumper crop :)

I saw something online the other day. Old hay bales being used as veggie plots. They had planted the seedlings into the middle and it looked really great. It kept the moisture in during the really hot days !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version