Message Boards > General Discussion

Gardening!

<< < (3/30) > >>

Holly:
Love it Ryan!!
I see you7 do raised beds too, I am slowly switching over, so much easier on the back!!

dcwolcott:
Wonderful Ryan!  Looks just yummy.  I miss gardening, and all the fresh veggies, but here, the Florida heat is hard on growing, unless you want to do lots of special work to protect the plants.  Years ago, I probably would have fought harder to grow things, but I'll try some "cold weather" veggies in the late fall and see how it goes again.  Those veggies have my mouth watering !!

Ryan:
Thankyou ladies :)

Yeah I switched to raised beds last year and it really did make a massive difference.

Im learning each year what works and what doesnt here, what needs support and what likes to be eaten by the ducks and rabbits.

Holly:
It has been trial and error here too... I dont know if yall like pickles or pickled things , But I have a very yummy cucumber pickle receipt...

for a full 1 gallon container, I fill with fresh cut cukes,
I use 1/3 a package of Mrs Wages Kosher Dill Pickle seasoning1-2 cups vinegar depending on how much you like vinegar, 1/2 -1 cup sugar depending on how sweet you like it, and I heat that up til disolved, pour into container over cukes, add water to fill, screw on lid tip a few times , let sit 24 hrs then start snacking...

Ryan:
Hows your veggies coming along Holly ?  :)

Ive opted not to plant anything over the winter months here. I Put some lettuce,  Baby cauliflowers and broccoli in , but woke to the rabbits had had a three course meal with them, so Im just going to work on fencing for around the raised garden beds so I can plant them out without feeding the local wildlife come summer :)

(which I wish would hurry up )  ;pray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version