Message Boards > General Discussion

Gardening!

<< < (22/30) > >>

Holly:
Diane, those pictures would make my oldest son green with envy! He loves hunting , that would be right up his alley!

paintponylvr:
Wow, those are not small!  I've never tried alligator either.

I have a picture of a baby pineapple tree here at a nursery.  I don't think I'm going to do pineapple, but the plants sure are interesting.

Ryan - it's been about 25 years since I last had horse meat - over seas.  Honestly, it was better than most beef and it's much leaner, too.  I've never fully understood the not liking to eat it here in the US.  I also remember when horse meat was used for dog food - dogs did so much better then than they do now on a lot of the dry kibble.  Not so many health issues, either.  And here in the US, with the current "over supply" of horses - many of them not injured or sick - I'd think we could make use of that RATHER than overfilling and then closing down all the "Rescue" operations. But that discussion is probably best kept for anther thread, especially since I have a much different "take" on that subject than most.  :)

I have not yet gotten the gardens prepared that I wanted to have this year.  However, the areas where I plan on putting the fruit trees is getting slowly amended and prepared to take trees.  No, I didn't get them this spring as planned, but seriously looking at getting SOME of them this fall.  At least we are on our way with preparations, I'm ok with that!   ;)

The two black berry plants have been planted and they have small amounts of fruit!!   ;D 

The Goji berry "bushes" were planted and they do appear to be growing now. 

The two honey berry plants have not been transplanted yet and while they are still alive, they are probably container root bound...  OOPS!   ::)

I'll see if I can get some pics of them this weekend.

Ryan:
I am about to start planting out this years veggie garden. I've held back an extra month this year as we have too many frosts lately.

Ill add some pics when things are in the ground :)

Ryan:
Picked my first batch of White nectarines. Really happy with the amount of fruit , as this is the first year it has fruited :)

Ryan:
I also picked some Blood plums and almonds.  I didnt get many plums as the birds got to them before I could net in time.  The ones I did have left over , I made Jam out of. I just got a basic recipe for jam and added a couple of cloves and some cinnamon too and it was sooooo good !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version