Author Topic: Rocklone GB Louis Vuitton  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Re: Rocklone GB Louis Vuitton
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »
Lulu as a 2yo

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2019, 08:33:45 PM »
Looking good.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2019, 06:56:00 AM »
VERY nice!!!  Looks beautiful!  How they grow!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:41 PM »
All grown up :) Looks great !!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »
Lou has been gelded. He was never going to be a stallion prospect but i wanted him to grow to his natural state and not get fat and stumpy like mom lol

Hes coped with it well so far, no heat or blood and minimal swelling. He still thinks he is is a stallion but early days. Two days before the event my dad left a gate open and he got some action with all the mares (well i assume he did because he always had a shy penis and anytime i saw it it was unused looking with a little crust on it, then after this is was a nice clean bright pink, plus all the mares had stinking back ends) so we have two mares to go to get the DONT BE PREGNANT jab and im gonna leave one as a lets see what happens. But i highly highly doubt she will have caught which is a shame but also a blessing ahhaha

I have decided that for now i will not be breeding anything, or taking on any more minis or really showing much. I adore my minis and they are with me for life, but that is sort of the problem too..i can't let them go. So im not going to make it as a breeder/farm. I would let meadow go to someone i closely know and like as a lease only because i know shes a great mare and i cant breed her without keeping a foal, but the rest are not up for anything other than pets and they are my pets. I have also decided i would like another big horse as my Jed is older and just needs to slow down some. SO Lou may get broken to drive or he may just be a pet...future will tell.

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »
They always cope better than we do.
He's only 10 days old, and I'm already debating when to geld the newest addition.  He's so small, I've contemplated breeding to my mare that my smallest, senior stallion has not caught yet (she's too small for Topper); I realize his parents taller genes are in the mix, but time will tell.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2020, 10:11:04 AM »
Yes, Chanda is correct, they always do better than us.  Sometimes we just need a little "down time" to just sit back and enjoy. 
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »
I had a missed season with charm and my excitement got crazy then she came in season boooooooooooo!!!! lol

Lou is still doing well. He has lost the obvious stallion behaviour and "aggression" for lack of better term  but he still firmly thinks its his job to check out the mares bar mom..mom is totally ignored. I kind of feel sorry for her. But its also totally fascinating that he literally doesn't look once at mom but will quietly follow and sniff Charm and Meadow.

Charm is very much GO AWAY and gives him a good kick which he somewhat ignores but doesn't push too hard, Meadow is still young and her only experience of stallions is Lou (so yeah they have had a little kinoodle but since hes gelded its not an issue haha) but she watches everything Charm does and is now learning to tell him to eff off. I have not let them all be together for more than an hour or so and always with supervision not because im worried about aggression (lou is so beyond laid back) but more cause i don't want him just constantly walking after the mares and them getting too annoyed.. he is like a little kid walking after you asking "why"

I have high hopes they will all mingle well in winter when there is less hormones floating about.

Im also VERY interested as to why he has never once shown any interest in Mom.  My biggest fear when he was a colt was that he would mate mom and id have that to deal with but literally not once ever has he even sniffed mom through a fence. She was the first i put out with him after gelding cause i thought she would be the easiest and he didn't even react. Nor did she which i think is the key to it all lol she too wise to him and any action gives a reaction. he will walk around her to sniff charm or meadow. He is no herding them or anything just being a pest so i have high hopes :D

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2020, 08:43:14 PM »
Interesting that he ignores his mom.
There are plenty of scenarios  out there were a colt bred his mom and you end up with linebreeding if it turned out well (inbreeding if it didn't).
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2020, 12:16:44 AM »
Yup!  Mother to Son or Father to Daughter okay!  Line-breeding.  Did it myself a couple of time to "cement in" certain traits that I liked.   

Great pictures!!  And it is interesting that he was never interested in his mom!!  Hmmmmm....

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2020, 06:23:44 PM »
The only conclusion i can come up with is that shes basically "past it" and has zero sex appeal to him. But even as a colt he never did the trying to mount mom type thing...mom was always just a no. When still entire i would use him to tease just to see who was in season etc and when mom went by it was a look then hed go away with zero interaction lol maybe shes just not his type.

I have had them out once all day with no supervision and everyone lived. But i was here all day and able to check a lot..lol.. i know i will have to eventually let them be and let them work their dynamics out but i just worry about him being a pest and charms still reactive and shes has hock arthritis so i don't want her doing herself damage. Meadow is just a young tart and loves attention and just isn't being strong enough...i literally want to scream "meadow kick the hell out of him, dont LET him bother you!" shes being far far too polite lol

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2020, 08:24:10 PM »
LOL~~!! 

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2020, 09:24:28 PM »
SO not much longer later they are all out together for a bit (until one comes into season lol)

The new herd dynamics are Meadow and Lou are attached at the hip if one moves the other does they are like in sync, Elvis and Charm are best buds spending most of their time grooming and Goldie is just kind of walking between the two couples going " im still relevant, i dont need to be loved but you will listen to me and move if i say so"

Its all so fascinating. They have been left to do their thing but ill be getting them in again cause they are SO so fat and were only out to have the space to move away from eachother so it will be interesting to see how they do in a smaller/moooooooooooooooch less food area.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »
HA!!  Sounds so funny, can't wait to hear what happens! 

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2020, 04:15:03 PM »
So they ended up staying out just over a week, then i got the guilts about the fatness. When out Meadow and Charm both came into season and Lou wasn't bothering them that much though i do suspect he had his wicked way with them a few times. Anywhoo, brought them into the smaller sparce pen and they were okay for a few hours but it was too close for them, Lou was starting to fight Elvis to keep him from the mares, Charm was constantly trying to keep Lou away from Meadow who is a harlot and didnt mind...but Charm minded!! She didn't want Louis herself, she just didn't want him with her darling daughter lol Goldie was her usual "im not getting involved" Self. So i eventually split them and had Goldie and Lou in one area and the others together which i thought would work for a few days. Nope. The issue is entirely with Meadow the tart! She was teasing Elvis who doesn't "get" why but this annoyed Charm cause noone can look at her child. Its been 4 years Charm, shes not a baby now! Get over it! So i gave up and put them in the stables for a few days. Let the out again today into the big paddock cause its where they are most settled and it was all back to normalish, though Meadow is still being a tart and Lou likes that but there is enought room to get away and Charm doesn't care about her child when there is food lol

SO the next step is trying to clip Elvis/Charm/Goldie to get some serious weight off them this winter, the other two will loose weight i hope naturally but if they don't they will need clipped too...i simply CANT let them come out of winter fat like they did last year (it was a seriously mild winter the grass grew all year!!!)

Little fluffy faaaaaaaaaat bums from today