Author Topic: Rocklone GB Louis Vuitton  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Rocklone GB Louis Vuitton
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
He's a really smart looking little fella and that head is just perfect. You are finding out that not all colts are 'colty' any more than all stallions are fierce, flame throwing monsters. LOL!! 

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
A Truly handsome young man, for sure.  And yes, there are some fabulous boys that just are perfect little boys -- without the attitude.  I've had many over the years, and I expect this little one to be just wonderful for you!!  Nothing nicer than a well mannered stallion!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 06:24:55 PM »
Well his dad was always a very nice stallion. But i had a very similar approach to him that his owner did i.e. no nonsense. I don't hand treat much, but if i do its a rare treat and they have to be respectful about it - i don't tolerate mouthing/biting. Hes a more fearful type character naturally, like mum can be so i actually hope he gets a little braver with his nuggets. Then again dad was also very respectful that way, as in i would be able to chase him off a mare just by my own stance and "ah!" so who knows if its training or breeding....hahah

Offline Ryan

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »
Lovely looking boy , he looks so much like Goldie :)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2018, 10:48:56 PM »
So i clipped Thriller cause he is toooooo fat and was getting a bit hot and skin not great...Lou would not leave me alone...so i ended up putting the clipper on him to see his reaction and he literally stood nuzzling me and the air the entire time. If i stopped to switch blades he would paw and get on like a tool....so safe to say he liked it ha!

Its a total rough clip with blades i need to throw out and hes not set up at all but when i looked at him i was instantly reminded of Goldie. Hes her spitting image, but has Banners more sloped hind, and a better chest. Hes not perfect, i think his body is a little bigger than the rest of him, and he has a really weak neck thats goin to be upside down but then Goldie is quite a thick upside down animal so he was always going to be too. he was bred to drive and be a mini not to show. But hes sooooo cute!

We are showing this year just to get him out and do stuff, but i think he will really take to it, he has a great attitude. I wish meadow had his attitude!!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2018, 11:26:38 PM »
So cute.  Love the fuzzy mukluk boots.   :))
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 04:51:49 AM »
Hello goldie 😊

He looks great Hayley I'm glad u decided to hit the shows 😀

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »
What a cutie!!!  I'm glad he'll be hitting the shows just to see what he does!!  He's still a handsome boy!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2018, 08:05:22 PM »
just another little photo

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2018, 07:05:43 AM »
What a little cutie!!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2018, 08:48:38 PM »
So lulu (which i have a bad habit of calling him...very manly..) had his first show. He got 1st! It was a local show but against some good "bought&produced" horses. So very proud of him and very excited by him...his show ethic is amazing - he is a little rocket! He shows like a stallion at only 1yo. He moves like a dream very forward and willing and naturally stands but also is so smart that he stands as you tell him to...with very minimal training. He just seems to LOVE it. Just like his daddy :D

No nice pics as usual cause people don't take pics of me lol

But, ive decided to take him to a real mini show this saturday. I know the best i can aim for at it is second cause i know they are the top horses in the country and the top yearling is just wow... but 2nd to me would be amazing!!! I am just really excited to show a horse that likes to do it. Meadow has me so bummed out, but ill post about that in her thread lol

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2018, 06:50:42 AM »
Crossing my fingers that you get 1st!  Never say never, and he sounds fabulous!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »
Been aggges since i updated. Lulu had a terrible show, i think it was just too long a journey for him. It was also a reallllllllllllllllllllly hot day inside a walled garden on sand. He was crossing his hind legs, twisting them, just not at all a good horse. Was very embarrassed as it was his first time with "mini" people and he did that! he gets home, pees, and is back to being amazing with attitude not twisting etc. Oh well.

Hes still gorgeous.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 09:24:02 PM »
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!  Hopefully next time things go better for you and him, so they can see what we all see!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2018, 05:33:54 PM »
Your designer pony is looking wonderful , he must be loving the nicer weather 😊