Message Boards > Follow Our Growing Foals

Rocklone GB Louis Vuitton

<< < (3/16) > >>

Ryan:
All good news :)

Rocklone:
I have left a night light on since Louie was born, but left it off tonight. Poor Lou is a bit put out! He walked into the wall (and got a telling off from mum for being stupid and headbutted away from it) and can't see what end of mum is what lol

How do these things ever survive in the wild where there are trees and rocks all over the place and mum is always moving or suddenly running away from dragons?!

dcwolcott:
Makes you wonder for sure!   Especially being flight animals!  But the good Lord watches over all of us, no matter how "smart" we are! LOL

paintponylvr:
They do develop "night eyes" - but it takes being in the dark to learn to adjust and it does take time, LOL.

I'm pretty sure they also develop "body radar" with their bodies learning where things are and they do get hurt sometimes in the dark if running in new areas.  That's why I always try to introduce new items in the pasture or a new pasture completely during the daylight with plenty of time for them to get used to moving around.

That said, I managed to not close a panel properly the other day when got a hay delivery.  I had two mares out.  One with her foal still in the pen (pretty upset - understandably), the other not having foaled yet.  They got out in the dark and the mare that hasn't foaled yet must have run into something.  The swelling is going down with cold hosing 3x daily & saline flushes several times while i'm out there.  No injury appears to be to the eye - just above it...

dcwolcott:
And I KNOW we must be due some new pictures of this little guy!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version