Author Topic: 2017 Foaling Season at Hickory Springs Falabellas....  (Read 1453 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
2017 Foaling Season at Hickory Springs Falabellas....
« on: May 12, 2017, 01:01:25 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I have been promising Diane to get on this Mare-Ternity Ward to announce my foals that have arrived and yet each day that goes by, I am whipped from a long day of taking care of my FIL who has Dementia and Brittle Diabetes. Taking care of him throughout the day along with the horses, and then working in the barn to clean stalls, fill water, grain and attend to them all, is daunting lately. Coupled with those responsibilities is the important task on assisting my mares in foaling their babies. By the time I sit down, I cannot think straight! 
So far, we have six foals, three colts and three fillies...all beautiful, healthy and doing well.

I am now waiting on another mare, Amanda a pure Falabella to have her baby. I have had her in the birthing stall for the past four days/nights with lots of swishing of her tail, rolling, kicking her tummy etc. Nothing yet, but boy oh boy is she huge!

In addition to Amanda, we have several more foals coming later this month and into June. I may have a mare that I purchased in foal due in August. She looks to be pregnant so we shall see!
I am sharing photos with all of you of our babies. I hope you enjoy their pics and I will attempt to stay in touch here and there with my busy schedule.

Debbie 
(Hickory Springs Falabellas)

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Hickory Springs

• We love raising Pure Falabellas at Hickory Springs
    • hickoryspringsfalabellas.com
Re: 2017 Foaling Season at Hickory Springs Falabellas....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I have been promising Diane to get on this Mare-Ternity Ward to announce my foals that have arrived and yet each day that goes by, I am whipped from a long day of taking care of my FIL who has Dementia and Brittle Diabetes. Taking care of him throughout the day along with the horses, and then working in the barn to clean stalls, fill water, grain and attend to them all, is daunting lately. Coupled with those responsibilities is the important task on assisting my mares in foaling their babies. By the time I sit down, I cannot think straight! 
So far, we have six foals, three colts and three fillies...all beautiful, healthy and doing well.

I am now waiting on another mare, Amanda a pure Falabella to have her baby. I have had her in the birthing stall for the past four days/nights with lots of swishing of her tail, rolling, kicking her tummy etc. Nothing yet, but boy oh boy is she huge!

In addition to Amanda, we have several more foals coming later this month and into June. I may have a mare that I purchased in foal due in August. She looks to be pregnant so we shall see!
I am sharing photos with all of you of our babies. I hope you enjoy their pics and I will attempt to stay in touch here and there with my busy schedule.

Debbie 
(Hickory Springs Falabellas)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »
Debbie -

Thank you for letting us know how it is going!!  I certainly understand a little of what you are going thru.

I love the pics and really enjoy hearing about your foals that have arrived.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
Congratulations!
Want to say, can't wait to see more pictures, but I know you are extremely busy.   They are fabulous.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »
Congratulations on the arrivals so far and best wishes for the remaining mares. :)