Author Topic: Rescue filly  (Read 10217 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Rescue filly
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »
I think she's probably doing just fine.  Sounds like she has some good edema in front of her udder, and that will begin to move back and fill her udder.  So, it sounds like she's getting closer every day.  If there was something wrong, she would be showing you signs of distress, I'm sure.  So, since she's doing good, and just rubbing that baby into place, I'm going to say, we'll see the baby when she's ready.  And we KNOW she must have that little one eventually!! 

No worries, I'll give Deb a call (she's still waiting on 2 foals who also are not being very cooperative) and let her know the progress.  But really, I'm sure this little momma would be showing some severe signs if something was wrong.  Take a deep breath, we're all here for you and this little long ears!   :D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2017, 05:31:54 PM »
Deb said she "talked" with you, and hopefully you are feeling a bit more relaxed about your pretty little girl.  Just keep us posted, as it sounds like she's moving forward.  Another picture would be great too!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »
I agree with Diane. I think your both doing just fine. Remembering that this is her first and she is probably wondering what on earth is going on. I remember your thread when your jack was born and I also remember another thread where we wondered if her jenny was ever going to go into labor.

If it gives you peace of mind , Please post pics everyday, as your constantly looking at her , we may see small changes :)

Your doing great  ;pray

Offline Suebe

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2017, 06:34:53 PM »
This is ridiculous she still looks like this... she was in the middle of kicking her baby when I took the pic, see her back leg lol can't say I blame her  -_____-

Offline Ryan

« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2017, 07:48:35 PM »
Me either , she must be getting uncomfortable but she sure is taking her time putting those final touches on :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »
Poor little girl!  Praying for the safest of deliveries of that little long ears!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »
How is she coming along ?

Hanging for some new pics when you have the time :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2017, 05:54:01 AM »
Ditto that!

Offline Suebe

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2017, 11:43:49 AM »
So are we going to hold a record HAHAHA VET WAS HERE STILL PREGNANT FOR REAL LOL. We have a change though...maybe a sign????? My sweet little pocket mini kicked me last night when I went to lift her tail. I actually tried again multiple times but she consistently backed up to me kicking. Same reaction today. I can stand with her give her scratches whatever but DONT TOUCH THAT TAIL or rear wth?! I can't stress how this is not her! Never has she attempted any negative behavior toward me. Could it mean something hmmmm

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »
;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray
Only crazy mare watchers pray.....

"Please, please, PLEASE, let being mean to me signify that she's FINALLY GOING TO DROP THIS FOAL!!"

I hope this is what happens, and that you have a safe and uneventful delivery within the next 48 hours.  O:-)

Did the vet make mention of anything more than she's still pregnant?
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Suebe

« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
Thank you I hope so too ugh and no she didn't say much as you don't see a great deal this far along but she did US again for my benefit only, she caught movement and babies position wasn't spot on but that can change in minutes I guess

Offline Ryan

« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »
Sounding promising , sorry she kicked you ...... Hopeing she is gearing up for the long awaited arrival.  ;pray

Some mares become grumpy to say the least before foaling especially when you have been carring for that long , wishing you the safest of foalings  :) :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Can't be much longer now.  Praying for a safe delivery of that special little long ears!   ;pray ;pray

Offline Ryan

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:03 PM »
She still hanging on ?  :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2017, 07:15:29 PM »
Good heavens....is it possible?   :-\