Author Topic: Rescue filly  (Read 10192 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Rescue filly
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »
Debbie and I talked later today, and she told me to tell you that her jenny's were ALWAYS extremely sneaky about foaling.  So, to keep an eye on her.  She said many times hers would just be chewing their hay, drop and foal, and get back up to the hay.  Tough on watching for signs of imminent birth -- not like a horse -- but said her one Jenny that carried into the 14 month used to foal and the baby would be up in 5 minutes or so, and running the stall within another 10 minutes.  Almost like coming out as a 2 week old.  LOL

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2017, 10:51:06 PM »
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA THATS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER! I laughed so hard imagining it LOL! Please tell her thank you as well what a great story!!! <3

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »
Will do!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »
I thought FINALLY last night -_____- when I went to close up the barn around 9pm she had cowpie manure, but nope just laid flat as a pancake all night long perfectly content. Does icky manure even mean anything lol

Offline Ryan

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2017, 07:02:54 PM »
Lol looks like she is going to have you on your toes for this one :)

P.S ( you have  done a wonderful job with her , she looks amazing )

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
DITTO THAT!!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
How is she going Suebe ? :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2017, 05:58:57 AM »
Yes, any changes?

Offline Suebe

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2017, 04:40:52 PM »
Hello, she's slabsided again today let's see if it lasts this time. The last two days she's had bursts of running around her barn stall flailing her tail rolling then it passes after about 5 minutes. Today when I went out in the morning I noticed right away it was damp around her entire tail head, seemed like sweat but why there anyone know? She's pretty consistently miserable now with very small breaks in between

Offline Ryan

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »
Up and down like a yoyo :)

Thanks for the update !!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
Keep us posted.  All praying for a safe delivery of a little long-ears!!  ;pray ;pray

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »
Thanks for update! Seems like were in the same boat!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »
So...how's she doing?? If it makes things any easier for you (or maybe not!), an Arabian mare on another forum carried her PUREBRED foal 419 days this year!! They are positive of the dates, as it was an AI with only one insemination. Can you imagine??

So, you should be making an announcement of a pretty little longears any day now, and we can't wait!
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »
Very true!!

Offline Suebe

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »
So...how's she doing?? If it makes things any easier for you (or maybe not!), an Arabian mare on another forum carried her PUREBRED foal 419 days this year!! They are positive of the dates, as it was an AI with only one insemination. Can you imagine??

So, you should be making an announcement of a pretty little longears any day now, and we can't wait!

Wow! That's incredible lol! Is that a record for a horse?!
I'm actually really worried. My mare spends so much time rubbing her body on everything she has hairless raw areas. Her baby is still going wide, no changes really in her vulva. It was longer for a bit and seems to have went back up is that normal. She has a small udder with very large mammary in front of the udder. Is something wrong with this baby seriously? My vet I know it thinks I have my dates wrong but I know 100% I don't! My donkey jack Bucky remember him, he was born on the other Mini forum. He was two months old when I got my little mare, he could not been responsible at that age and he was my only stallion other then my Haflinger. We gelded him at 10 months because he was starting to mount his mom already : / what's your honest opinions I can handle I promise