Author Topic: Rescue filly  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Suebe

Offline Suebe

Re: Rescue filly
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2017, 08:04:36 PM »
How does her actual rear look? Maybe a bit dropped around the trailhead?!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »
You've done your magic!  She looks to be in fabulous shape, and you're quite right.....big and round!

Keep us posted, she is doing great!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2017, 09:43:06 PM »
Here's a side by side, first pic is from April 23 second is from today. Isn't it crazy how dark she got?! You can tell it's the same mare by that white spot on her booty :) I heard her parents were both paints and she came out mostly solid. Anyway what do you think about her rear after seeing a side by side?!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2017, 09:45:14 PM »
Definitely some dropping in the tail head.  She's looking so good!  It's amazing how she has come along for you.  KUDOS for the great job you've done with her.  I look forward to see as she progresses now, as she must be nearing completion, and we'll see that precious little one!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2017, 09:45:42 PM »
I think that photo was too big let me try again, thank you Diane but I'm really concerned about why this baby is baking so long?

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2017, 11:17:18 AM »
Hard to know.  How long since you got her?  I forgot to look at the thread before I clicked in here to respond.

But, the one thing we know, is that at some point...when all is ready....she WILL deliver that little long-ears!!

Offline Suebe

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2017, 01:30:02 PM »
Diane I've had her 402 days!!! And no it's not possible that she got pregnant at my house instead, I gelded all my mini studs a couple years ago, my only stallion is my Haflinger and he lives on the other side of our property. I have no connecting fences with neighbors,

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2017, 02:47:14 PM »
WOW!  I can see why you're concerned.  But if the vet is saying all is well, I guess we'll just have to chew our fingernails while we wait.  I know she couldn't be in better hands, as you are super -- getting her into this marvelous condition.

Keep us posted on any vet news.  I'll be honest, I'd be concerned if she were mine too.  But, then I don't know much about baby mules.  Hopefully, someone here has some personal experience they can share and make us both feel better!  Let us know about any changes in her condition that you see, and meanwhile....   ;pray ;pray ;pray ;pray

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
Just talked with Debby at Hickory Springs who used to have donkeys, and raised them for 14 years.  She said this is not uncommon, and 14 months or into the 14th month is not unusual.  So, now I feel better, she's says all is fine.  No worries, she says.   :D

Offline Suebe

« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2017, 03:57:44 PM »
Oh my gosh Diane thank you for talking to her! My mind has been racing like maybe the baby can not take position for some strange reason or there's something wrong with it :( does debbie realize it's a mule baby and not a donkey?! Appreciate you speaking to her so much!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2017, 06:32:50 PM »
Yes, she knows it's a mule baby.  No worries.  She's still waiting on 2 foals to come to ground, so still a busy lady.  Can't wait for her foaling season so she can get back here and upload some photos of those beautiful babies she's had.  She and her husband are now also caring for his father, who is diabetic and has alzheimers/dementia too, so she doesn't have much time.  But she promises to return.  But I can call and ask her any questions you have so feel free.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2017, 06:33:22 PM »
I had a baby mule once, I didnt breed her, so I dont know exactly how long she baked. But after talking to many mule breeders its common place for mules to cook 12-14 months.
Best wishes and keep the pics coming!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Ryan

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2017, 08:24:59 PM »
She is looking really good , she sure has gotten dark .

Keep us posted with heaps of pics :)

I remember another thread and it was well over 12 months before baby appeared  ;pray

Offline Suebe

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2017, 09:53:15 PM »
Diane thank you for confirming Debbie knows it's a mule, I'm so grateful I feel very much relived! Holly and Ryan thank you as well, appreciate everyone's knowledge!
I let her out in the big pasture today for he first time in a couple months, felt she really needed to visit her friends and not through a fence. I'm attaching a link, I thought it was weird how everyone was sticking their noses up in her udder like they knew something? Do you think they do know? I caught one of them on video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1gc6c7douq3lth/Video%20Jul%2022%2C%2011%2013%2039%20AM.mov?dl=0