Author Topic: Rescue filly  (Read 10195 times)

Offline Suebe

Re: Rescue filly
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 08:41:21 PM »
Hi, so not much has changed except I found out "if" she's pregnant she would most likely carry 2-4 weeks longer then an average mare because it would be a mule baby. I never knew that but makes sense since donkeys carry 12-14 months. I'm adding a link to a video I took about 30 minutes ago. I was quietly watching her eat when she walked away from her hay which was weird enough, she hid in the opposite corner across the pen. I snuck in our barn stall and without her knowing took the video. She stayed there around 30 minutes. Sorry it's 2 minutes long feel free to scan through. Am I over reading this as odd, I'm famous for doing stuff like that. What do you think was going on honest opinions I can take it Lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b9n9ny71papztc/Video%20May%2020%2C%205%2001%2059%20PM.mov?dl=0

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »
I didn't watch all of the video, but what I did watch, she seems agitated, why I have no idea; maybe long mule baby ears are tickling her.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 08:11:50 AM »
I watched the whole video, and my impression was that you may not think she knew you were taking a video, but I think she was purposely keeping her back to you -- almost to seemingly ignore the fact you were checking on her.

I don't know much about baby mules -- except I love those long ears -- but hopefully someone here will know something about whether carrying a mule baby extends the pregnancy time.

You're doing great keeping us updated. 

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 08:59:46 AM »
No she really didn't know I was there. When I check on her anytime if she sees me she lets me know no matter what she doing, she so extremely social and has a very big personality. Btw I actually called the donkey and mule society she told me about the gestation and said the info is also on their website as well

Offline Suebe

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2017, 09:04:45 AM »
So is your honest opinion Diane that she was agitated because  I was standing there? If so I respect your opinion but this is a mini who if left out of her pen will follow me straight into my house

Offline Suebe

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
She has a larger then life personality very social 

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2017, 09:05:29 PM »
No, I think it was Chanda who thought she was agitated.  I just thought she was ignoring you.  But, that's so nice that she loves you so much, so maybe you did sneak up on her just perfectly! 

Love those pictures!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:08 PM »
Is this just normal digestion for this horse? She was almost flat sided 15 minutes before. Could you please check out just a small section of this video. I feel like I should just put her back with her herd and move on....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xk3jm2sbf3lajb/Video%20May%2022%2C%2010%2038%2057%20AM.mov?dl=0

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »
You know she looks quite round in this video, but the roundness seems to extend higher on the left side and slightly rounder on the left side.  Since you've been so careful, I'd still wait a little bit and see.  Can you take a full side view right down at her level so we can see how that "roundness" is being carried?

Remember, when babies move around, the mommas can look quite "slab sided" one minute, and quite wide the next.  I think I'd still wait a bit, and let us see a side view, and maybe we'll have a better "guess"   :D

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:43 PM »
She doesn't look conditioned enough to warrant that belly. I'm still going with pregnant.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
She does look very rounded in the video.

I think your doing the right thing keeping a close eye on her. :)

Offline Suebe

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2017, 11:21:56 PM »
There's actually now no doubt at all that we are having a baby, she's been laying down a moaning a lot. Her bag has started to really blossom and today her vulva is gaping open. I'll post pics can't be long. Thank you to everyone who chimed in with advice, opinions or help! Really appreciate it!!!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
Cant wait to see new pics. She sure has been a mystery! :D
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2017, 11:59:50 AM »
Sorry, I was away babysitting, so didn't see this exciting message about the progress!

What's the update?  Praying she'll come through this just fine  ;pray ;pray

Offline Suebe

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2017, 11:21:21 AM »
I woke up to loose manure and for the first time, I've been looking, a red vulva, is not eating much starting last night and messing with her bedding constantly. How much longer with these signs? Not a great udder though but I had a maiden a few years ago that foaled with barely any udder at all. It's 8am here what's the chance of having a daytime baby should I watch as closely, fairly uncommon isn't it?