Author Topic: Rescue filly  (Read 10187 times)

Offline Suebe

Re: Rescue filly
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
One more lol sorry! 15-20 from the first pics she's a little wide again, makes me a little suspicious?!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »
That one pictures certainly looks like there is elongation going on there as well.  No puffiness, but l-o-n-g !!

Keep us posted!  The pictures are great!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »
I'm literally stunned and kind of freaking out, also upset that my vet was adamant about her not being pregnant and I shouldn't  take a second thought :(  she should have just tested her like I said to. If she's pregnant I hope it's healthy, I always feed really good but still I would have done so much more. Thank you Diane <3

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »
If she turns out pregnant, I'm sure all will be just fine, as she's in good shape, and you are very watchful, so take a deep breath, and know you've done everything good by her!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2017, 11:25:18 PM »
Is it my imagination or is she even longer now?!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »
This is going to be great to follow , Whats making me think she is, is her nipples. Usually ( and I say that very lightly) the nipples of a maiden mare are higher up and pointing towards each other.  There is also def elongation going on aswell in the pics you have posted.

As Diane said , Dont beat yourself up , you have done so much for this mare since you took her into your care. Vets are not always correct and at the end of the day , you know her better than anyone.

Ryan :)

Offline Suebe

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 11:10:36 AM »
Oh wow ok :) Thank you so much Ryan, appreciate your knowledge! I guess the good thing is the wait should be reasonably short because I will have had her a year on June 15 and I don't have any mini studs anymore so in no way could it have happened here. It would for sure be a little mini mule, don't think I've ever seen one lol

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »
I had a mini mule once..... Actually it's one of my favorite Foaling stories to tell....I think I will start a thread on Foaling stories...
Mini mules are so cute and so sassy. If she turns out in foal and gives you a mini mule your going to love it!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Suebe

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 02:35:06 PM »
Awww hahaha can't wait to read the story! It could only be a Mini mule if she is because when we picked her up she was living with a tiny mini jack. It was really sad they called to each other as I pulled her away. The people wouldn't give up the jack and the sheriff couldn't force that as he looked to be in decent condition unlike her. They made no attempt to try to keep her, they said she was born with too many problems they couldn't handle. She was an easy fix with proper care. Sometimes I really hate the human race. Do you see any udder change I'm not good at this part lol

4/23/17
4/24/17

Here are some prior pictures -- thought I'd help out!  ~~Diane

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 03:49:48 PM »
I am better at seeing difference when pics are side by side. Could you post a before next to it?
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »
I grabbed a couple of pictures and posted in the thread, and I don't know about you, but I see changes!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
Me too :)

I agree Suebe, sometimes some members of the human race can be so disappointing. Hats off to you though for taking her in and giving her every chance :)

Offline Suebe

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 10:24:45 PM »
Diane thank you for grabbing those photos. I think I see what you're talking about! I just took another and also when I went to lift her tail she spun around not wanting me to go there. Took me a few minutes to get her to let me have a look. Usually she could care less so maybe another sign? It's a mystery

Offline Suebe

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
Hello,
So I didn't get any sleep last night because I was sure she was in active labor, it was literally textbook signs! Now she's just laying down more calm, What The Heck! Here's a new udder pic, pregnant or nuts : /

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2017, 05:38:52 PM »
Take a deep breath, and continue to watch.  You just never know with these maiden mares!!