Author Topic: Rescue filly  (Read 10196 times)

Offline Suebe

Re: Rescue filly
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 05:17:57 PM »
Thank you I see!
I feel like this is such a long shot especially since I just calculated from the day we got her until today and she'd be 310.days! We all know she probably didn't get pregnant on the day we got her so she'd be even farther along. My only mini birth experience was a maiden we had who foaled at 306 days. Six weeks earlier our vet said she wasn't pregnant just fat hahaha! Still feel like it would be so much more noticeable by this time like "yes she's definitely pregnant!" But that's not the case

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:11 PM »
Always better safe then sorry! Good you keep an eye on her just in case!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
Chanda had posted a picture of her mare in the reference section I think, that no one really knew was pregnant -- ON THE DAY SHE DELIVERED!!!!

The maidens are always a guessing game!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 06:56:34 PM »
Working to unlock this, not sure how it got locked.  We might have gremlins.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 08:35:40 PM »
All fixed. 
And, now I know where to find the "unlock" if it happens again.   
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Suebe

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »
Haha thank you so much Chandra!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
Yes, thank you for that Chanda.  I was away Friday night and all day yesterday, and I'm so glad to have you part of the team to help in these situations.  We don't "lock" threads here, as we DON'T have forum police here!   C:-)
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »
Hi Diane Haha it's no problem no worries and yes I do remember the police were out in full force on the other board ;)
Im probably being neurotic but yesterday Quinn was kicking her belly in the morning and rolling. I actually thought is she colicky because she didn't look very pregnant to me at that point but did walk over to eat breakfast and was fine. So yesterday I decide just until I'm sure I'll lock her in a barn stall only at night when I can't watch her because I don't trust all my little thugs if she were to foal unexpectedly. I think I'll walk out and get some new pics, thanks again! Xo

Offline Suebe

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »
Ok so here's new pics! The first & second were taken 3 minutes apart but her belly looks different could it be gas? Behavior wise she's pinning her ears to all her mini friends I just let her out of the barn. She's strangely a pocket mini even though she went mostly untouched her first 16 months of life and she was still following me around when I was in there but reared up and snapped at me on one occasion which I thought was weird. Also doesn't have much of an appetite not really eating as you can see in the pics. I know this can all be explained as something other then a foal but I'm staying on it since her living with the others would not be a safe situation for a baby she would have, Quinn & the jack are so tiny in comparison to all the others so this would be a teeny tiny foal

Offline Suebe

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »
Ok so I check my surveillance camera to check on her and she's beating the crap out of our donkey yearling totally out of nature this girl is a doll. Anyway I kicked all the minis and donkeys out into another pasture and gave her some space of her own. Am I reading way too much into this?! If she's pregnant the wee foal 120 was wrong, I used one and it was the correct timeframe. Also my vet who didn't want to test her because she thought it would be super unlikely at her young age to even have a viable heat, so annoyed because I would have made sure she was eating alone and getting supplements as well ugh

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 11:57:04 AM »
Don't beat yourself up.  We'll just keep watching her, and that would have to be a lot of gas for that lopsided belly picture. HA!  And personality changes are important to note, for sure!  I know you're watching her well, so congratulate yourself on being so attentive to her!

By the way, what is it that you have hanging on the gate with the rope?  Questioning minds want to know?

Offline Suebe

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »
Haha thank you so much, it's a salt mineral block

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 02:16:31 PM »
Maidens can be tricky!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Suebe

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »
Good morning, Here's pics for today. Trying to do it often as she'd have to be over 313 "if" she's in foal. I know it doesn't mean that much because horses roll but she rolls a lot!

Offline Suebe

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 12:07:04 PM »
Weirdly she looks wider from the front but this is 10 min after the last pics