Author Topic: Feeling overwhelmed!  (Read 581 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Feeling overwhelmed!
« on: April 18, 2017, 12:02:07 PM »
OMG Yall! The registration of foals with AMHA is insane crazy! there is so much to do to get the foal registered, from DNA , paperwork  photos... its crazy. Maybe I am just feeling overwhelmed because I had to do so much to get my mares and stallion caught up.  AMHR makes things so easy and uncomplicated.
In order to get Shadow registered A, I need to DNA Precious,because she wasnt done, then DNA Shadow. I am just wondering why they let me bring her permanent without doing this?  On top of it I sent my A stallion report to R ( my R went to R )so now I  am late on my stallion report for A. Totally my mistake of handling paperwork. 
And oh goodie, Katie & Legacys foal will need to be registered A. Thankfully they are both DNAed.  I am a mess right now LOL!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Re: Feeling overwhelmed!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »
It's a real pain. Esp when the paperwork is not all yours! I've got all mine still sitting waiting cause banners owner needs to send stuff in and hasnt yet. I feel I'll never get it.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
Gosh, that doesn't make things easier for you at all.
I am sure in time I will get the hang of the way amha registers , I just didn't know they had to be dna. Now that I know I am more prepared.
I hope you can get all your paperwork in order!
live barn camera link:

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
Me too. At least charms is all sorted for next foal!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »
In AMHA, mares that are used for breeding have to be DNA tested as do the stallions so parent qualifications can be done if requested. Basically, they are proving a foal is really from the parents listed.  Then, if a horse isn't registered within a year of birth (I think it's a year), they have to be DNA tested to be sure they are truly the offspring of the parents listed on the application.

Remember the craziness with Sweetwater who just ran stallions with mares all in one pasture, and then just "picked" the parents for paperwork.  Then later in life if a horse was bred, it would be discovered that the parents on the paperwork WERE NOT the horses parents.  It was a nightmare, and from what I've heard, the owner went to jail over registration problems and selling horses without knowing who the parents really were.

The AMHR does NOT require DNA testing.

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 05:01:41 AM »
I didn't know that amhr required dna? I was able to register Shadow without it...
With amha a foal has to be dna in order to be registered now. Or that's my understanding from the paperwork I was sent?
Maybe it's because I didn't get my stallion report sent in on time to the correct registry. I am really not sure.
live barn camera link:

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 05:33:52 AM »
I like DNA tbh. Firstly it puts it in the records for any squabbles and if they god forbid ever went missing there is a traceable DNA if they are ever found.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 05:42:22 AM »
I have corrected it.  It does NOT require DNA testing.  Guess I was just typing too fast.   :-[
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 03:58:11 PM »
I agree, I appreciate the DNA, just another thing I didnt know about that I have to do on top of all Ive had to do. I think just dealing with so much paperwork in 6 months made me feel overwhelmed. From lost papers to Dna. Prolly wouldnt have been so bad had I not sent the stud report to wrong registry and make myself late...
Course it is what it is and I will get it done LOL just even more coming up!
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
And we're all very excited with the "upcoming!!!!"