Author Topic: Rocklone 2017 - Goldie  (Read 21522 times)

Offline Renée

Re: Rocklone 2017 - Goldie
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 03:01:39 AM »
crossing my fingers too  ;pray

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »
What a confusing mare! Watching them in the pasture and Goldies following him about tail up bum down but bucking any time he actually  Mounts and tries to penetrate. Such a tease! He gets a bit too excited and does mount once without doing anything and this always annoys her so she then won't let him cover for ages until he is nice yet still teases him! Lol

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »
She must be a Frank Sinatra lover.....remember the song?

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

;D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
She must be a Frank Sinatra lover.....remember the song?
Lol!!!!!

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

;D
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 11:47:59 AM »
Shes most definitely a sinatra lover! lol She drives me bonkers why would i want another of her.

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »
Even if i don't end up with a foal from this, i'm having a real hoot watching these two! They go out in the morning and have their little spat (she teases him, he mounts, she gets cross and runs and he doesn't bother for the rest of the day) then as soon as they come in for dinner they hump like rabbits! I'm starting to think i'm an aphrodisiac.

Im getting such an insight into the behavior too. She is basically a floosy, always having her ass in his face and is definitely the one who initiates it and he will always "try" first so he can see how receptive she really is and how much work he has to do for it lol it could be seen as a cover if you were not aware of the after behaviors! After he is verrrrrrrrrrry relaxed and will stand with his ears down for a good few mins, but if its been a test he will continue to nip at her.

So fascinating!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »
Lol gotta love it!!
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »
What a cool story!  Gotta love those mares -- they keep EVERYONE hopping!!

Crossing my fingers she takes after all of this!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 07:28:28 PM »
I wish i could keep them together 24/7 but its just not possible at the moment with her needing a little less grass and him needing shelter at night cause of clipping. I keep them in the stable for a while in the evening, which is where they seem to do most of the actions, but after a while she irritates him and he starts to kick out at her. She can take it well, im more worried about her turning and kicking him esp if he has his man hood out lol! So it is a kind of half pasture half supervised covering.

I have read that more than once floods the uterus, but stallions know best and won't ejectulate in a mare whos past or indeed too much before ovulating (and he is very experienced as previous experience shows) so lots of humping is normal even if its not actual covering.

Im not comfortable leaving them in the stable together at night knowing they do buck a bit, so maybe if she comes in again it will be warmer and they can be out 24/7!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 07:39:16 PM »
A friend of mine had an Arabian stallion that would literally either "fall asleep" or pass out while still mounted on the mare.  If she shifted her hindquarters, he'd really hit the ground pretty hard - often on his side not standing up.  Got to the point, he was always hand bred so that they could pull him away safely before he "passed out".  Seems this is a common occurrence in some horses/breeds... 

The first time I experienced this it was quite scary to have 1000 lbs of horse hit the ground in a crumpled mass (really scary if you were right there next to the pair as I was!!).  After, it's a bit funny to joke about, sort of.  But it's not something you ever forget.

Iggy used to "nap" while on the mare after completing "his duty" (breeding).  He'd let out a sigh and close his eyes for a little bit.  Most of the mares would let him stay like that for a little while, then he'd wake up and do a sliding dismount and just remain at her rear quarters for a little while...  On mares I knew to be a problem, I always hand bred him and pulled him clear before she'd start bucking and kicking.  One mare, I routinely tied a hind leg up with a cowboy hobble (she could stand, but couldn't  kick backwards enough to nail him in the genitals).  We still own her and two of her gelded sons (at the moment) by Iggy.  That mare was the worst hussy with him...  Yet, like yours, always kicked/bucked/squalled in the "I'm gonna kill you" way - when he tried mounting - even when known to be ovulating.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
So fun to read these stories about the different stallions and how they act!  My heart horse, El Rey, was the most "genteel" of gentlemen, and always spoke to the ladies front on, then nibbles and nickered his way to the rear, and so nicely mounted, got the job done, stepped down, and went back to the head, all the time nickering and thanking the lady!!

Spotty, on the other hand, would talk as he took his position, got the job done, and just walked away until he decided it was time again.

I always trusted my stallions to know when to do their jobs, and never had a "miss" on mares I wanted bred.

But, I LOVE these stories!!  Thumbs up!!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 08:18:22 PM »
These two tend to do the deed, he slides down and she spins and sniffs his noodle. They're both too experienced lol and both very "do it then go away" but Goldie still loves to go over to make sure he knows shes still on. I have videos and pics cause i thought they were very informative. 

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »
Riot was always a gentleman, if a mare was wishy washy he would walk away. But when he knew they were ready he would do the same as yours and ask politely. Lol, Now Digby, he checks every mare every day... has no clue he is smaller than their foals!
live barn camera link:

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 09:14:45 PM »
Oh haha that reminds me, i put Banner and G out today, they were grazing and my neighbour randomly walked a mare down the lane (towards a road, nowhere to go) and back. Then put her in the paddock across the lane from us and stood watching. Obviously Banner was doing what a stallion would do, but soon settled when he knew he could not get near.

Bit of free teasing there!

Think she was in season, i had noticed her tail up a day or so ago myself. Hope they are waiting to cover her and not hoping she was in foal - they just lost a brood mare and had an orphan foal a few days ago :(

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 09:21:20 PM »
So sad, I hate to hear of a mare passing and leaving a foal behind...so sad!!
live barn camera link: