Author Topic: Rocklone 2017 - Goldie  (Read 21527 times)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
Re: Rocklone 2017 - Goldie
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »
It just always goes about my head about twins etc, but then again i worry about the stress of scanning on her, shes a silent stresser.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »
I've had many a mare here scanned and found twins at the first ultrasound (usually within the 15-30 mark), only to have one "disappear" by the second scan at the 3 month mark.  Usually, nature takes care of this problem for the little ones.  I did have a friend who had twins carried to birth, but usually, one twin is very weak, and in her case, only 1 survived after the 1st day. 

Only had 1 mare who had to have a twin "pinched", as she was carrying it at the second ultrasound.  So my vet took care of the problem, as she was a small mare, and never would have carried twins to term.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »
Fingers crossed that Goldie has taken  :)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »
Still nothing. I'm going to keep her in tomorrow and see how she reacts when she goes back out on Sunday.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2016, 01:06:59 PM »
We'll be waiting to hear!   ::)
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2016, 11:30:44 AM »
She's in season.

She's too fat I think so I'm going to have her on bare paddock from now. I'll cover her anyway cause what's the harm but I'm not holding my breath for her. she can be banner play thing lol

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »
Don't "quite" give up on her yet.  You know we have some "hussy" mares who act like they're not bred when they are.  Although, I know weight can have a big factor, but as his "play thing" you might find yourself pleasantly surprised in a little while!! 

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
Don't "quite" give up on her yet.  You know we have some "hussy" mares who act like they're not bred when they are.  Although, I know weight can have a big factor, but as his "play thing" you might find yourself pleasantly surprised in a little while!!

I had one of those.   Bred my AQHA mare before I moved across two states, USd in foal before moving, get to new boarding facility and she's flirting with anything with a tail, so had her USd again, still in foal, just a hussy; foaled a lovely filly around 360 days.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »
Hope she settles this time/ or she already is!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2016, 03:38:44 PM »
Well no idea what they are at, they have been for all intents and purposes left wild. I've not seen a cover since the first day (June 12th) and have not looked to close to see if shes still in season or anything - just not had the time. They are not killing eachother so let em at it!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2016, 06:18:29 PM »
I had a friend email me, because her stallion just didn't seem interested in the mares she had with him.  I just laughed!  I had a stallion like that, and never...and I mean NEVER saw him breed one mare.  However, every mare with him would be pregnant by the end of the season. Guess he was a bit modest!   ::)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2016, 06:56:12 PM »
My neighbour told me last season she saw them at it. He seems to be an evening man, when i'm usually sorting out my big horse. Shes not been following him around and annoying him as much as last time ive noticed though. Ah well. The way i see it, he has company for the summer and if something comes out of it, awesome, if not, he has had company for the summer! I hate the thought of him alone for months on end. they seem to get on well, he doesn't pester her like he did with Charm last year - but shes a much more assertive mare than Charm ever was so it must be the way things are to be. Charm and thriller (both sub dominant) are inseparable!

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2016, 03:17:34 AM »
Goldie due in within the next few days. So i will be separating her and banner on maybe monday and giving her a good groom and bath cause she needs it lol then see what she does. I think i have a show next weekend, and she usually comes in season for shows. Its so funny - literally every show i have she is in season over it so if she comes on i automatically look to see where im going to! Lol

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
Nothing yet. I never did get around to seperating them so see if she shows more when put back its on my to do list lol there has been no covering though cause her back end is clean.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »
Keep us posted!!