Message Boards > General Discussion

New to Miniatures - Strange Request

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rocklone:
Im not in the states but welcome to minis anyway! Just a word of warning, you will need one for each kid, a friend for each horse and then a few spares xD

Renée:
 :D That is so true, minis are like potato chips, one is just never enough! lol

Holly:
 Welcome!!
I also home schooled my kids, they are grown now :)
I am in Texas or would love to have you visit...

dcwolcott:
I homeschooled my first 2 children, and then after my divorce, I found a Christian private school, where I kept all the kids and taught there myself, until I couldn't afford it any more.  My oldest was going into 11th grade when all the kids were moved into public schools.  But I sure enjoyed homeschooling them and working in the private school.  But teachers don't make enough money for all they do, and I had to go out and get a job that paid enough $$ to get all my kids through college.  I was fortunate in finding one, thank goodness, because I had 3 kids in college at the same time!

I'm in Florida, less than an hour inland from your location, and have checked on all the farms I knew of, back in the day around our area, but most are gone now.  There may still be a few in up in Lakeland County -- I don't know them, but I think their name is Encore Farms -- or in the Ocala area.  There's one I just can't think of the name for, and they were also trainers and showed one of my stallions, but I only used them for a year, and it was more than a decade ago!  I know plenty of farms outside of Florida, but that won't help you.  There was a mini farm in Sarasota, but I think they changed to Shetlands, and I don't see them still in business when I do a google search.  Sorry I can't be more help.

Chanda:
Not sure where they are located in Florida, but perhaps Alaqua animal rescue would be of help, I know they rescue horses in addition to cats and dogs, so perhaps a bit of volunteering in the barn to learn some horse husbandry, if they do that.  I'll see if I can find information on them, I follow them on FB, so that's the only place I know how to contact them, but I'll see what I can find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version