Author Topic: Nymbus - 2017 colt  (Read 2495 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Nymbus - 2017 colt
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 11:45:10 AM »
I understand your sorrow at seeing such a beautiful girl be so incredibly shy and afraid.  Hopefully, you'll have a chance with Nymbus, as once weaned you can separate him and teach him that he is loved, and people are only there to be loving caretakers.

He's quite a stunner for sure!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 09:15:07 PM »
I feel your pain with her Paula, I too, have a little mare that is much the same as Taff. Ive had her for two years now and had I have not been so held up with a dodgy coccyx and being able to get around freely , I may have been able to do a little more with her.

She is really good one minute then realises how close she is to human contact and then freaks out. She had very limited to no handling as a youngster apart from rushing a group of broodmares into a stall to have their feet trimmed and worming done. The girl I got her from had brought her forward in leaps and bounds in trust.

It is sad to see them like this , as you only want to help and let them know they are loved :)

But good on you for sticking with her , cause alot of people wouldnt have given her the time that you have :)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 10:00:11 AM »
Pics of Nymbus from Friday!

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »
LOVE those white stockings!!  He beautiful, and hope he was a bit easier to catch this time.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 01:19:34 AM »
He's so cute.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 06:34:59 PM »
I hope he is coming along well Paula and that he is starting to realize that us humans are there to love and help him :)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »
March and April weren't very conducive to working with him on that.  I'm hoping that May slows down a little bit??  But we are actualy doing a lot more with our property again - working a little less with each pony (or MORE since we are treating for the lice - but only, literally, grooming!)... 

He is growing nicely, though.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 11:52:26 AM »
Well, hope you have the time to spend with him, just to let him know you're the best thing for him.  Nothing worse than a young stallion with attitude!  But we know you can handle it!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 03:58:36 PM »
I love his little angle wings!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 06:22:06 PM »
I saved looking at Nymbus for last, as I really liked him from the first foaling pictures that Paula posted. Just so you know, he's EVEN NICER in person than he is in the pictures. He was very curious, and appeared to be willing to leave mom to investigate. She doesn't have him totally convinced people are bad...he only turns away when she forces him to. It will be quite interesting to see how quickly he progresses after weaning.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!