Author Topic: What are you fav TV Shows & Movies ?  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: What are you fav TV Shows & Movies ?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »
Theres some great stuff on the Discovery channel. We used to have foxtel but got rid of it as it was way to repetitive.

Whats "Alone " about ?

Offline clara cain

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 08:01:41 PM »
"Alone" is like "naked and afraid", except they do have clothes and they allow them limited gear.  they take them to some place like Patagonia and leave them.  they have to survive for 60 days., make a shelter, fire, find food, etc.   most starve, go luny, etc. and quit.  the last one remaining gets half a million dollars.  It just started the 6 week series now---reality tv I think u call it.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »
Anyone seen "Schitt Creek" ? well worth watching for a good laugh :)

Just finished season 4 of Vikings which was really good as well.

Since my dad was Norwegian (I'm first generation American), I told all my kids to watch Vikings!  They totally enjoyed it, as did I.

I'm also a fan of the new Finding Hitler series, and the changes that history is going to have to make to the history books after this series.

I'm a bit convoluted, I guess.  I love Stephen King's books, and then find myself so drawn to the History Channel, Discover Channel and different "true" investigations into our history.  I love documentaries that are based on truth, not "guesses", and love following the investigative steps into discoveries.

Never have gotten into the "Reality" shows, although I know plenty who have.  I "grew" a whole "herd" of history buffs at my house.  Love Schindler's List, Band of Brothers, Toro-Toro-Toro and movies like that.  I will happily admit that I also like "Finding Nemo", "Cars" and taking all those grandchildren to fun, "mind-numbing" animated movies!  ;D ;D
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 07:28:31 PM »
Since you loved Vikings , there is another show that I came across yesterday about a viking, I will have a look and let you know :)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »
Recently ihave watched "reign" (very emotional and gripping!!) and i have just started "mistressess"

Nashville is proving to be tough. Currently in the UK the "bad bad" thing has not happened, but i know what does happen..so im watching each episode in tears anticipating it lol

And obv im still watching Game of Thrones. I think it would be illegal to not watch that here...since its all filmed here! If you pause it and point at an extra, i probably know them! lolol

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:59 PM »
Oh also,i just saw wonder woman.

Wow.

I have to say, i think that was my fave movie since avatar and Harry Potter DHpt2

Offline Ryan

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »
I think I saw Reign on netflix the other day, will check it out for sure !!

if you like G.O.T Hayley , check out Vikings it is very similar in many ways :)

It will be devastating when G.O.T finishes , Im an addict and proud to admit it lol :)

Offline clara cain

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »
I still want to know if "La La Land is any good.  Anybody see it?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »
Not too sure about La La land , Its a musical I think isnt it ?

Diane I started "The last Kingdom" last night which is also about Vikings , Only two episodes in but its great so far :)

Finished season 4 of Vikings last night too, hope they are in the process of making season 5 ....

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 05:59:09 AM »
I've never heard about the Last Kingdom.  Guess I better do some research!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 06:51:37 PM »
Very similar to Vikings , which Im happy to report they are making season 5 now so hopefully it will be out by the end of the year .

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 12:09:09 AM »
Where are you watching Vikings? 

I'd love to see that - Larry and I married in Roskilde, Denmark and spent our honeymoon exploring some local fjords and Viking museums.  It was great (and COLD in June!!). 

As to our wedding, kinda similar to a Las Vegas style wedding.  At the time, Larry was a smoker.  He set his cigarette down in the ashtray in the hallway (City Hall type building - Denmark government), we entered the room where we were married, exchanged vows/rings, signed the paperwork, walked out and he picked up his cigarette  (still lit) and finished it as we went outside.  I think the USO called it the "Darling Denmark tour" and it was pretty awesome!  We were there for 3 or 4 days - train ride from and back to Germany.  Yes, we had to do paperwork/dr's visits/blood work/visa's before we could go and no we didn't get married "because we had to" (which my family believed for years - since we didn't come home to get married)...  We even visited the "bay" where the real statue of "The Little Mermaid" stands and I had pictures.

Once upon a time, I thought I'd raise the Viking horse - called a Gotland (or Gotland Russ or Skogsruss).  They are listed as "watch" by the American Livestock Conservancy...  They still have them in Sweden, too.  Hmm... not seeing too much info on them - I did a report on the breed when I was in high school in the early 80s when they still had several breeders advertising them in the Western Horseman and I was in contact with a breeder of them then. 
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Ryan

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2017, 06:54:09 PM »
Netflix 😊

Offline clara cain

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »
For all of u walking dead fans, I have got to say that  The Fear of the Walking Dead show is actually becoming better now than the Walking Dead.  It is on Sunday night here in Florida and it is getting better and better.  How about when Daniel grabbed the gun and shot the bad guys and threw that guy off of the dam?  Did u expect that?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 01:04:53 AM »
Diane , I meant to tell you , I saw the other day that they are remaking I.T and its due out this year. :)