Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

Kate 2017

(1/4) > >>

Holly:
 :o
Kate hasn't started her heat cycle this year. I noticed her last heat last October. November I figured she went out for the winter. So it's been about 5 months,and nothing. The years before I bred her she cycled through the winter. I just thought first year out of pregnancy, systems change.
So I saw her peeing caught it, tested with the P Test and guess what....... POSITIVE for pregnancy.
The only guy she's around is my 31 inch stallion. She is 13.2 hh.
Pregnancy test to be repeated in a week. I am in shock.

dcwolcott:
FABULOUS!!!!!

Chanda:
Where there's a will, there's a way.   :o

Rocklone:
Oh my god lol

paintponylvr:
I've had more than one, that way, tho I'd have to calculate to see if the size differences are the same - actually I don't - you have a much larger size difference!

The largest mare that ended up in foal to a 45" stallion was 13.3hh and WIDE (later we covered her with supervised covers from a ramp and it was amazing how he could "hug" her with his forelegs - 5 fabulous foals from that cross!!) and another mare was 13.1 and stallion was petite 40".  Previously she'd produced foals from that cross from a ramp as well and we thought since he was a very shy breeder that we'd be OK turning them out together, LOL.  That was a really nice cross as well. I have her 2nd daughter still and looking to breed her to the son of the first stallion - probably next year...  Won't be a registerable foal with ASPC, but would be a pinto.

Congrats!  We get to see a 1/2 welsh, appy baby that should be a wonderful sport type pony!!  NOW THAT is EXCITING!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version