Author Topic: Bleh!  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Bleh!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »
Well, not the outside of the house, but same type of work...
Shayne finally took time to finish up the windows in the house, all the wood trim needed to be measured, cut and put up, and he got it done.  So, I've been staining and polyurethaning all the wood trim.   7 windows and 1 door all stained; and, today I got the last coat of polyurethane put on.  Today, I also got the first coat of stain on the one new section of ceiling trim done.   I'll need to touch up the wall paint, soon, so I can put the house back together (much of the furniture is pull away from the walls).   Then I'll paint the trim in the two bathrooms, just white in a nice oil-base paint to be more water resistant and match the rest of the trim.
Looks like my blue window blinds will it the new living room windows, so they can be reused; but the other blinds that I saved are not the right size for any window, so will need to replace those blinds and install, eventually.  For now, I'll continue with the spring rod and a piece of fabric in the windows that need some kind of covering.   No valances or curtains, I don't want to cover the nice wood trim we just put up, so just the blinds to block the sun when necessary
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »
I got the high pressure hose out to wash off the back and front deck as they both need to be stained again before the good weather vanishes.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 05:43:57 AM »
Ditto the porch here, but I'm not looking forward to the staining in the heat here!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 09:47:55 AM »
Our little deck is hopefully going to replaced with a concrete pad, sooner rather than later.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly