Author Topic: So unprepared!!  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Renée

Re: So unprepared!!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »
Ouch! I hope you get well soon Ryan. I haven't shown for years but listening to you girls makes me think back to all the preparations and boy were there lots. The list of things to do before and things to take to the show was never ending but I am a bit of a perfectionist and I tend to pack for every possible event. At this point it is a bit late for training so just go with the flow and see how is goes and take it as a learning experience for both you and your horse.
Good luck.

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »
Wow ryan your horses are beautiful! What a shame about your pelvis, i have a bad hip from a fall and sometimes it clicks. i have to lie on the floor and do these stretches which are kind of funny but otherwise i can't rise to trot!

Well another day gone and i have nothing done. Its FREEZING here poor banner had to get another rug on cause his half clip made him shiver. I need to do legs and another head clip. auuuughh. Tomorrow....

Offline Ryan

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 06:31:26 PM »
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.

Ive been attending a few events with some friends here and I nearly died at the amount of gear that they take to each event. I had to go home and look at the tack box at the front of the float to see if everything would fit.

Yes I am very much looking forward to the day I attend the first one , it will be a great learning experience and Im sure , so much fun.

Hoping the weather warms up shortly for you Rocklone , its should be getting colder here but we have had the warmest autumn in 25 years so far, sorry we maybe hogging the weather :)

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
You are! I am now officially blaming everything on you personally :(

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
::)
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 01:17:49 PM »
Well i didn't need to worry first show was great!! Banner was very calm, more than usual. He was just a dream. He came away with three firsts (stallion, show horse in miniature, solid colour) and the champion!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
Woo Hoo!  Way to go.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 04:38:58 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

All sounds fabulous, and what a great job -- and a VERY lovely picture of that special boy!!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »
He was great. Really knows his job. There was another horse who i have known a year or so, and i really like. He is younger so not as experienced but when he settles he will be a force!

Offline Anna

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 05:34:52 AM »
Oh CONGRATS and very well done to both of you - Banner looks fabulous, my ideal of the perfect mini!   :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »
Congratulations :)  He looks amazing !!

Offline Renée

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 03:04:09 AM »
Congratulations  :D What a great way to start. He looks fabulous and I agree with Anna, my type of boy too.
You better lock his door at night  ;) Diane, fuel up the plane, I have a horse to pick up. lmao