Author Topic: Sophia - 2018  (Read 13947 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Sophia - 2018
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2018, 08:12:34 PM »
Exactly what I'd do.  Sometimes cleanliness is not as important as warmth.  Don't think she even notices!

I wish it would warm up for you.  I'd love to send some heat your way!  Ah, some cold here would be delightful!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »
I've not introduced Sophia and Belle to the herd, and Belle is now over 4 months old.  I know, not the norm, but Bliss is such a snot towards Sophia through the fence, that I haven't wanted to risk it.   Now that Belle is over 4 months old, do you think it would be safer to introduce them in a large area?     It would be so much easier if they could all go out on the same pasture space, even if there isn't much grass left to graze.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2018, 07:51:39 PM »
You can only give it a try Chanda. I think the larger area would be better. Bliss sounds like she isn't impressed shes not the princess at HC minis since Belle being born :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2018, 10:01:17 PM »
You can only give it a try Chanda. I think the larger area would be better. Bliss sounds like she isn't impressed shes not the princess at HC minis since Belle being born :)
I think it's Sophia she doesn't like.  Belle rolled under the fence a month or so ago, and was in with the other mares, and Bliss didn't care; but she sure gives stink eye to Sophia.  Probably because Sophia won't take her crap, she's still like a toddle pushing buttons, she's constantly annoying the mares, but they just take it.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2018, 10:13:48 AM »
I love it, and still am laughing!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2018, 12:46:24 AM »
Tried them together this morning, still no go with Bliss, so Sophia doesn't want her anywhere near her or her bay, and Bliss can't take a hint.   Got Bliss out, and put Bonnie out with Sophia; they went their separate ways and that was that.   So, I'll do mixed trials and see who fits, so Belle gets some time with horses other than her mom; but no Bliss for the time being.
Chanda
HC Minis