Author Topic: Our Pickle  (Read 618 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Our Pickle
« on: December 07, 2016, 04:32:54 PM »
 :'( we lost our sweet mini dachshund Pickle a couple of days ago. She was 13 yrs old. She had an aggressive cancer that we didn't even know she had. Once symptoms became noticed it was to late. We had here sense she was 6 weeks old. My heart hurts. At times I've felt like I can hardly breathe. She was so cuddly and loved people so much.
To make matters worse, my German Shepherd who is 16 is getting worse with the cold weather. He is also missing Pickle. He is barking and whining for her. It's just so sad to see him grieving. I feel like it's just a matter of time for him.
I know we've all lost loved pet family, so please share a few stories about them.
Pickle loved to be our barn cat dog. Loved hunting mice, snakes and moles.
Max has been our guardian and protection as well as a baby sitter.
How blessed I feel to have had such great canines in our life. And even more so that God brought us Bear.

live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Our Pickle
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »
My Aussie, Bridgette, was a sweet gentle soul.
Picture of her and our  first Siamese as a kitten.   More than once in the winter I'd see her laying outside and there would be a cat or two curled up on her for warmth.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 05:19:44 PM »
Awww Holly , my heart breaks for you. (sending a massive hug to you)

I had a corgi when i was a child , he lived to the age of 17. He was a wonderful dog that became mums shadow after my sister and i moved out. Mum had to have an operation on her shoulder many years ago and I was looking after him whilst she was in hospital and One morning when I had gone into visit her, he had passed over the rainbow bridge before I got home. He was sleeping peacefully in "mums chair". To have to break the news to mum whilst she was in hospital was horrific, but ive always said  that he knew "it was time" and that he didnt want to put mum through the ordeal, in a way.

I really loved that dog and have such good memories as a kid of taking him for walks ect and probably the reason I was so hesitant in getting another dog.

And I didnt for a very long time........... Until 6 years ago...

Try and think of all the good times with Pickle Holly , Im sure she loved every minute of being part of your lives :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
I too, have lost beloved pets.  My most recent loss was my 3 year old Flame Point Siamese -- at a whopping 18 pounds, and all LOVE.  Of course, I replaced him with another Siamese -- this time a Lynx Point I rescued from a shelter, but he is so timid, it will probably take him a year to come out of his shell.  He is getting braver, but I had a rescue cat once (a Ragdoll) that actually took 3 years to come down off my kitchen cupboards and sit by me in my office.  After that is was just a matter of time until my lap became her favorite place.

My heart breaks for you, as I know what you're going through.  I always replace those that I lose, as it helps the other animals in my home mourn less as they meet a new friend.

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 09:48:20 PM »
I am already looking for another great Pyrenees so Bear won't be alone.
Thank you all so much. It hurts terrible. I just love the look in dogs eyes. They have such a good soul.
live barn camera link:

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »
Little miss Pickle
live barn camera link:

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 09:53:18 PM »
And our Max
live barn camera link:

Offline Anna

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 05:39:16 AM »
So very sorry to read of your loss - I have been honoured to have known many dog and cat friends over my life and it never gets any easier to say goodbye to them when the time comes.  Sending you sympathy and heartfelt warm hugs. xx

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 01:07:26 PM »
Posting to this thread too Holly. Pickles and Max must be quite the pair, running around in Over the Rainbow Bridge Land! A shepherd to round it up, and a dachshund to run it to ground.

Rest well our treasured friends, we know you'll be waiting with wagging tails when we come to visit on our own final journey.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 09:48:48 PM »
Thank you so much. I've hurt so deeply over the loss of max & picks. Bear and Daisy are a blessing!!
live barn camera link: