Author Topic: Let the healing begin!  (Read 1080 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Re: Let the healing begin!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
It's been a bit of an adjustment for her to become an outdoor doggie. She loves it but her system is struggling to adjust to the weather. She blew her coat and is starting to get the new one in. She looks pretty scraggly right now. She has gained about 7 lbs but looking at her it's had to see it. Good news is she is building muscle, they play a lot. So good to see them happy!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »
Look at those sweetly smiling faces!! One with a big old goofy grin. One with what looks like an "I know it's not dignified....but it was SO MUCH FUN!" type of self-conscious grin.

If she's blowing coat, keep a close eye on her. With the recent boobie issue and belly bloat she may be coming into season. I didn't realize earlier in this thread that she hadn't yet reached her 1st birthday or I might have mentioned it then. Sure don't want pups before she's had a bit more time to mature. (Though they would be awful cute. ;-). )
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »
They are both so lovely!!!  And the picture is just great!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
Look at those sweetly smiling faces!! One with a big old goofy grin. One with what looks like an "I know it's not dignified....but it was SO MUCH FUN!" type of self-conscious grin.

If she's blowing coat, keep a close eye on her. With the recent boobie issue and belly bloat she may be coming into season. I didn't realize earlier in this thread that she hadn't yet reached her 1st birthday or I might have mentioned it then. Sure don't want pups before she's had a bit more time to mature. (Though they would be awful cute. ;-). )
Actually she was in heat in November around Thanksgiving.  I think it's from going from being an indoor to outdoor in cooler weather. . Thankfully it's stopped for the most part, and she's getting her new undercoat in!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com