Author Topic: Foodie Thread  (Read 6289 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Foodie Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »
Will do Ryan.  My family loves food, that's for sure. 

I just got back from buying 18 boxes of cereal since the grocery has BOGO sale -- around my house, they call that "snack food".  And the grandkids especially like it if I pour it in the plastic "wine or martini" glasses -- they think that's special.  Good afternoon snack.  Little do they know it's all good for them -- more the yogurt, dried berries, nuts, etc., type cereal.  But they'll eat anything if you put it in a "fancy" glass!

So exited that vacation is starting on Saturday.  I so enjoy having all my kids and grandkids around.  Here's a picture of our vacation rental before and after they built the houses along side.  Big enough to hold all 18 of us, and with the big long dock for my son's big boat. 

Here's a link to the home -- wish I had the money to own this!   http://www.annamariaparadise.com/casadelsol.htm

The grandkids love it 'cause they all get to sleep together in one room!  It's like camping out for them!  And they get along really well and are so excited to see each other.

But this year, I bought a new laptop, so I'll be checking in here every day, too.  Don't want to miss the activity!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »
Amazing I wish you all so much fun :)

Looks as though your going to have a great time together , that house is huge !! Hopefully you catch plenty of fish when on the boat ;pray

What the kids dont know wont hurt them , much better than candy.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »
Yes, and grandma loves cooking from scratch!  But "cereal" I don't make!  Ha!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »
Whats everyone eating lately ? Needing quick easy meal ideas as we move towards the warmer months here :)

Made the easiest risotto the other day. (To that day I had failed miserably)

Set the oven to 180 degrees fan forced.

On the stove in a fry pan , cook some chicken (until brown) add to oven proof dish ( mines one of those ceramic ones with a lid)
cook some onion , celery, bell pepper & stir through some dried italian herbs ( add to the oven dish)
add some chopped mushrooms and peas to the oven proof dish and stir

Pour in 1litre of Chicken stock and give it a good stir. Put the lid on and into the oven.

Stir every 20 mins and it should be ready when the stock has dried up (30-35 mins depending on your oven)

Add some fresh herbs and serve

Yet to try but i think this would be good with beef and beef stock.