Author Topic: Foodie Thread  (Read 6245 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Foodie Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2017, 08:18:22 PM »
I made soup on the weekend , has heaps and heaps of veggies in it. The weather has been terrible , the fire has been on constantly and i can see winter coats growing from inside  :D

Offline Ryan

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2017, 12:42:34 AM »
Had a couple of stay inside weather days over the long weekend here. So firstly I hit the Dandenong Market and then i got cooking. I managed to get a few packs of those crappy take away containers so i could load the freezer.  Made a Thai curry , chicken and veggie lasagne and another massive batch of soup :)

This weekend Im going to do Lamb Shank soup in the slow cooker and also a slow cooker chicken and veggie stew.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »
I need to come to your house!  All sounds so good!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
Your welcome anytime :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2017, 12:04:32 AM »
Made a chicken sweet potato and cashew curry on the weekend was so nice and made some coconut rice to have with it.

I recently discovered that my "jaffle maker" is not only for savory things but for sweet things too. Its like a toastie maker that seals the edges shut. Grated Chocolate, banana & cinnamon  :)

Anyone else cooking ?

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2017, 12:27:39 AM »
Anyone with simple meal suggestions or recipes for summer time meals.  Whatever it is, must have meat in the meal/recipe or Shayne doesn't think it's a meal.    I'm so sick of cooking, but we still need to eat.    Oh, and we have lots of beef since we raise Red Angus cattle.  No pork recipes, Shayne is allergic and I'm not a fan.  TY.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2017, 05:59:55 AM »
Ryan, that sounds fabulous!  Okay, I'm game, what is a "jaffle maker" ?? 

And Chanda, when we were raising Angus my dad was the same way.  It wasn't a meal if there wasn't beef included!

I'll have to give some thought to summer meals.  I'll be cooking on vacation starting Saturday with the whole family there, so 18 of us -- which gives me lots of fun times in the kitchen!  I so look forward to cooking for my whole family again.  But they're happy if I just make their favorite meals in large portions!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
Shayne will eat chicken, too; but there has to be meat in the meal.   I can eat just a pasta salad for a meal, meat or not in it.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Ryan

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
Ok this is a Jaffle Maker, Though Its probably known as something else to you :)

Chanda I hear you, I get so sick of cooking the same things all the time, especially this time of the year as I have hardly anytime to get things done before its dark after work.  Ive got a mexican spice rub recipe at home ( thats very mild ) , I usually rub it all over the beef and slow cook it all day. The first day I have it with some kind of Veggies or noodles, the second in tortilla wraps with lettuce, tomato, cheese etc  and the third in some kind of stir fry with veggies and Soy, honey, garlic etc. 

I will have a look at home for some recipes for you Chanda .

Diane , so what are these meals that your kids love ?  Have a wonderful time on vacation with everyone :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2017, 09:18:30 PM »
So original, Ryan, it's called a sandwich maker; at least that's what mine is called.  Mom picked it up new in the box at a garage sale before I got married.   I like the hot sandwiches it makes, just don't use it very often.
Chanda
HC Minis

Offline Ryan

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »
Thought it might be known as something different there, Our "Sandwhich makers" dont seal the edges shut , these i like much better :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2017, 06:01:26 AM »
I had a feeling it was a sandwich maker you might be talking about.  I have one too, and the sandwich plates remove and can be put in reversed, which makes two flat surfaces too.

Let's see:  Lasagna and stuff Manicotti with homemade meatballs, Beef Stroganoff, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Ham with Pineapple Bake and Cheesy potatoes, Roast pork loin with Kaneflies, then one night of grilling steak burgers & hot dogs with home made 7-bean baked beans and potatoe salad, and of course we always have Friday night be a fish fry with all the fish caught during the week. Then about 16+ pounds of bacon and about 14 dozen eggs  for breakfast -- all styles of eggs cooked, and you can imagine we have 2-3 coffee pots running full all the time (my kids drink coffee like I do),  lots of sandwiches for lunch.  I have a hearty bunch of eaters in my family! 

Offline Ryan

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
Yum Yum Yum !!!!! 

Its 7am here and my mouth is watering :)

I might need your recipes for beef stroganoff and the ham and Pineapple bake when you return from vacation Diane :)

Offline clara cain

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »
JUNE 8 2017   WE WERE TIRED OF PIZZAS WITH CHEESE THAT WOULDN'T STRING .  THEY ALL SEEM TO HAVE ARTIFICAL CHEESE OR SOMETHING ON THEM AND I LIKE GOOEY MOTZzRELLA.  MY PHOTO HOMEMADE PIZZA. CRUST MADE WITH ONE ENVELOP OF YEAST.  Pepparoni, onion, and lots Italian sausage

Offline Ryan

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »
Sounds yum :)