Author Topic: Foodie Thread  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: Foodie Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 01:47:39 AM »
Happy to.
Gotta see those recipes.  Some I may actually try some day, but hubby is a bit picky, so only some will get tried.

Nothing Spicy and NO pineapple ( If i remember correctly) :)
That's part of it, plus his allergies.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
Lasagne and salad here last night :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »
Wonderful!  That's the kind of meal my kids just love!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
I always make a massive tray of it , let it cool , then refrigerate it . Its so easy to portion once it has been in the fridge. I usually get 6-8 meals out of it to put in the freezer.

Ive been making it with ground chicken mince lately and it gives such a nice taste to it :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 04:57:14 PM »
Made a really easy salad last night.

Cook a chicken breast and put aside to cool.

In a big bowl layer the bottom with Rocket leaves (I think its also known as arugula? ) shave some fresh Parmesan, slice a pear  ( you could use apple too) and add them both to the rocket leaves.

Slice the chicken breast and add that to the salad ingredients.

Dressing is 1 tablespoon of olive oil and two of lemon or lime juice.

Drizzle over and serve :)

You can all sorts of things to this, I sometimes add roasted pumpkin or sweet potato and roasted walnuts/Pine nuts or cashews.

Apart from cooking the chicken ( which you could do the day before) it takes a matter of mins to throw this together  ;D

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »
Those can sometimes be the best recipes when you have kids!  I know when my kids were growing up, once I got home they wanted to eat in 15 minutes!  Needless to say, there were lots of crock pot recipes in my house, and soups and stews!  But my kids also loved salads, thank goodness, so this would have been a great recipe to have back then!  Think I might try it for myself, too!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »
Id love some of your Fav crockpot recipes Diane , I love mine and use it often :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 06:18:19 PM »
We had a simple chicken and pasta soup tonight: chicken legs (3) boiled with a bit of chopped onion and celery. Salt, pepper, minced garlic, basil and rosemary to season. When fork tender, I added about 1/2 cup frozen peas and about a cup of whole wheat spiral pasta. It was served, as is everything at my house, with warmed corn tortillas.

Tomorrow's dinner will be "I dunno" slow cooker pork neck bones. *teeheeheeheeheeee!!!*
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »
Sounds lovely and good comfort food Julie :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
Lemongrass and coconut Marinated pork and salad with baked sweet potato here last night :)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »
Tomorrow's dinner will be "I dunno" slow cooker pork neck bones. *teeheeheeheeheeee!!!*

oooo - I add head of cabbage, carrots & onions to pork like that.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
"I dunno" slow cooker neckbones ended up being cooked, and eaten, at work for lunch yesterday. I added sauerkraut, small white skin on potatoes, caraway seed, salt and pepper. Rye bread and butter on the side. Our volunteers thought it was MUCH tastier than turkey leftovers they'd all brought. ;-)

There were two major accidents on my route home this evening. One of them completely closed my main road for quite a few hours....it took me 2 1/2 hours to travel what normally takes 40-45 minutes.

So when I picked my niece up from my husband's work, we came home to ham and cheese sandwiches on rye, the last little dab of chicken soup from Tuesday, and sliced mango. Filling, not heavy and FAST.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 11:14:21 PM »
Last night I made chicken chow mien and have enough left for tonight's meal and a couple of serves for the freezer.

I also Made banana muffins and much to my joy and lack of baking skills - "They turned out" :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »
Made some pork and onions with rice for myself.  I hardly ever cook just for me, but made enough for a couple of meals, and it was good.  This thread has got me thinking about cooking more often.  Usually I just buy something quick -- even microwave dinners, since it's only me.  But, it was actually fun!

I love cooking big meals for the family, and am really looking forward to the Christmas vacations with Rebekah coming home from Seattle for a week, and then Katy coming home from Texas for a week.  Unfortunately, they only cross on one day, but, just happy to see them at Christmas!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »
sounds yummy.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly