Author Topic: Hurricane Irma -- Pray for Florida...  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Hurricane Irma -- Pray for Florida...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 03:57:47 AM »
Thank you Chanda - thank goodness Diane and her family are safe.  Hoping we have some news from Cara soon - praying that she and her little ones have managed to stay safe.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 08:18:46 AM »
Finally have power at my house, so I've moved back home from my son, Jon's, house.  The town got a lot of wind and rain, so lots of flooding, and lots of trees down.  The Lord protected my home, only a few windows broken, and one of my cats apparently went out the window.  Unfortunately, it was my lynx Siamese who was a rescue and VERY shy, so really don't have any hopes of finding him.  I've looked throughout the house, and my "mama kitty" is sleeping in her normal place, but no sign of him, and I've checked for several days.

My mom's home (a double-wide manufactured home) is just fine, and I returned her home 2 days ago once we found her home was undamaged, she had power and cable TV.  She only sits and watches the game-show network all day, and wanted to go home, and she's doing well.

All other children and their homes just fine.  It was a real miracle of God.  Just as the eye was reaching our County, it completely disapated!  Who's ever heard of that happening?!  So, we got the 70-100 mph winds, but no "eye" to deal with.  I praise God for his blessings on my family and their homes.  I'm the only one that had any damage, and it's just a couple of windows to repair, so I'm VERY blessed indeed.

Thank you all for your prayers.  Now comes the yard clean-up and emptying a refrigerator that has been closed up for about 5 days with no electric.  Can't wait to open that door~ :o

Again, thank you all so much for the prayers.  They certainly did work!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 08:26:24 AM »
Ive just talked to Clara.  They came through the storm, the horses are fine, but they have flooding.  She's keeping the little ones in a shared stall, because the pastures are full of oak tree leaves, and when let out, they start eating them, which isn't good.  They just lost their generator this morning, so they are now without any cooling.  They lost one refrigerator and probably 2 others, she said.  They have no way to charge their phones, so we kept the call short. But they are taking things slow, as am I, since we are not as young as we used to be.

But I wanted all to know that she's okay, and the horses are okay.  Just lots of flooding and clean up ahead.

I'll keep you posted until she can get back on here, but it will be a while, as Lee County took a big hit.

She thanks everyone for their prayers.  ~~Diane
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
OMG!  I just saw my cat!  He's apparently been hiding, but I caught a glimpse of him running in the front room.  My "family" is now complete!

;pray ;pray

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »
So glad you, your family and your home's are ok.
Been worried, even though I knew you were ok.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »
I so appreciate all your help, Chanda, and your prayers.  All seems well.  My son's kids and wife are now at my house, since I have power and internet, so she can work.  She's a loan originator, and has lots of upcoming closings that they really need financially, so trying to help out.  Most of our businesses are still closed, but I think there is one grocery open, so you KNOW I have to go buy coffee!  Drank all I had and then some!  LOL

Offline Anna

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 04:18:29 PM »
So glad to hear that you and your family are safe my friend, and that you found your cat. And thank you for the news about Cara, I was worried about her and her animals as well due to the flooding.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »
Thank you, my dear friend.  Your prayers helped bring us through!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 06:53:06 PM »
So happy to read you have been reunited with your cat and that Clara is ok too.

Glad your family is safe Diane, it must have been quite scary.

Hope you manage to get some coffee, if not ill post some in the mail :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »
You'll never guess where I found the coffee, Ryan.  At McDonalds!  Didn't have much to offer, but I only wanted a LARGE black coffee, and they had that!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 10:02:51 PM »
Good old "Maccas"  ( its what us Aussies call McDonalds)

Glad you were able to get that coffee to keep you going :)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »
Good old "Maccas"  ( its what us Aussies call McDonalds)

Glad you were able to get that coffee to keep you going :)

Micky Dees  [Don't know how they'd spell it, but that should get you the pronunciation.]
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 07:16:11 PM »
Diane. I am thrilled y'all are ok!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »
Thank you, Holly.  Yes, the Lord was very gracious to us!  Mom is doing well, which is the most important, since I am afraid if I move her from her element she would not do well, so I am thrilled her home was left just fine.

I still have a few broken windows, that are boarded up.  The poor glass companies around here are swamped with orders, so I think the windows will stay boarded up for a while, but that just fine and a small price to pay for the house "standing its ground".  This is a wood frame home, built over 100 years ago, so I thought it might weather it fine, and it did.  Old construction, but GOOD construction!!