Author Topic: LP Painted Ponys 2017  (Read 7704 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: LP Painted Ponys 2017
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2017, 05:45:10 AM »
Sounds a tad bit encouraging!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »
Cant wait to see pics of he other girls that might be pregnant :)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2017, 11:47:36 AM »
I thought, since Tory didn't foal during the night, that she might while i was out picking up a load of hay(small squares).  NOPE.

VERY ROUND, laughed myself silly when she rolled, rolled over and then ....  tried to get up.... then legs worked.  She wobbled first one way, then the other before she stuck 4 stilts out in different directions...  snorted and then shook.  Then picked her head up and  walked over to water tank.

It's almost noon, and it's finally hit 54* F.  I'm wearing 2 layers on the bottom 1/2, 3 on the top and getting read to unload/stack 20 small square bales of hay.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2017, 08:06:29 AM »
trying to do a quick in/out.

Pics of Tory.  foal has definitely shifted, checked at 5 am, nothing....  but dealing with grand daughters now, can't see her from the house at the moment.

yesterday -

have pics of Nym & Guinness, but have to do pony chores and go to horse show for the little girl who is leasing our oldest Shetland.  She's riding in Leadline, Pre-mini stirrup eq/pleasure & ?.  4 classes... So off we go.

If Tory has foaled, new pics willbe posted tonight.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
Definitely shifting there! Happy foaling Tory.

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »
Two comments on Tory, one serious, one funny.

Serious: What I noticed first is the change in her eye and expression in the last two pictures. I definitely see preoccupation and inward looking. A very pointy belly too.

Funny: It's easier to see the shape change because of her white marking. Picture on 19th looks like a French poodle, facing right. Ear on top, muzzle slightly elevated to her right hip. Front leg(s) slightly pointed toward rear. Back leg(s) are behind her elbow and tail is pointed up.

In second picture, the poodle has disappeared. The front legs now point almost straight down to her pointy V belly.

Those inward eyes and changed shape of muzzle, lips and nostrils make me guess no later than just past sunset Monday.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2017, 09:41:31 AM »
So, Tory is still holding out on us!  Someone said she looks so miserable, but I watched her not only trot off this morning but at one point she cantered, too!!  So she can't be totally out of whack, though it was FUNNY to watch that roll the other morning.

Yesterday we went to the first Hunter Jumper show of the series held at Finally Farm in Raleigh, NC.  There, our FIRST homebred Shetland Pony mare (will be 21 years old on 20 MAY) was shown by a 7 yr old girl.  Stuffy was her normal "go get 'im" self.  They give out treats and she sure knew when the treats came out, LOL.  I didn't get a lot of good pictures, but got a couple.  The show was running about 2 hours behind (have no idea why, I wasn't there at the start), so I could only stay for about 2-1/2 of her 4 classes.  Hayden, the little girl, is doing well with her.  They've leased her for just over 2 years (I have to go look at dates on contracts), though Hayden's first intro to Stuffy was in March of 2014.

I haven't been to a lot of H/J shows (real ones) in a VERY LONG TIME.  I'd forgotten that at least here in NC, they run the classes back to back for a lot of the "groups".  So those little peeps stayed in the ring from the lead line class thru their PRE-Mini Stirrup classes.  It was kinda funny to see!  I think there were 12 little riders in the leadline class and 10 in each of the 3 classes following that (the lead line removed but the instructor/handler stayed with child/mount) that did a walk & trot.  BOY, did those people get a WORK OUT!! 

I see Hayden has some things to work on, but overall, she did GREAT, her family did great ("O, my didn't realize that showing was so much "hurry up & wait"...  WE are tired!"   LOLOLOL).  And I was worried that when turned loose in that BIG arena, Stuffy would put on a bronc show.  She did have a bit of a 'tude going into the ring, but Hayden did well, circling around her instructor and putting "Stuffers" right back on the rail.  They never did break out of a trot, tho at one point it was really FAST (just short of breaking).

If I wanted to do the paperwork, Stuffy does qualify for hardship into AMHR.  She's 37/38" at the withers and shorter at the last hair of the mane.

I had the phone set to larger photo but forgot to turn it back upright, so cut off rider.  But I love this pic of Stuffy!  Wish I hadn't cut Hayden off, tho... 

and last one

Edited to add:

The classes she went in were:
16. Leadline
17. Pre Mini Stirrup Walk Trot Equitation
18. Pre Mini Stirrup Walk Trot Pleasure
19. Pre Mini Stirrup Walk Trot Hunter Under Saddle

The next show in the series is April 29th, but they just aren't sure they are going to be able to do that.  We shall see.

Her grandmother, the person that leased Stuffy from us, was asking about a larger pony for her to graduate from Stuffy (Hayden is growing FAST now).  We will discuss it further, but I'm thinking they may purchase Sami, Stuffy's 1/2 brother out of an Arab mare.  She'd be into her teens before she outgrew him for riding...  He's not really trained at all though, so they aren't sure about that.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
Wonderful pictures and Stuffy looks grand! 

Tory may be holding out, but the "V" pictures are great for our albums!  She's go very soon, I bet!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2017, 06:51:59 PM »
Still holding!  Maybe April Fools Baby?????   >:D
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
That sounds fine, you'll have to come up with a special name!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
That sounds fine, you'll have to come up with a special name!

My AQHA mare was an April Fool's Day baby, her name was Rebs Foolish Duster, I called her Foolish.  Her sire was Adobe Rebel, can't remember her dam's name off the top of my head.

Here she is with her second foal, Rebel.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Ryan

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »
"Like"

Paula , how cool your able to go and see some of the wonderful fur kids you have bred. Ive felt the same after seeing my racehorses retire. Its better to me seeing them go onto wonderful homes and in new adventures in life, often eventing and dressage ect.

Great photo Chanda :)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
At 5 AM this morning, I went out to feed.

NO BABY and Tory was pushing right up against the other ponies while getting her share of the feed!

At 630, I leave for work.  I hit a wall of rain!  I wonder ....

By 700, I'm clocked in - dealing with the folks bringing in their dogs and cats to be spayed.  Then I'm in front of the counter - helping to actually bring pets into the back. Weighing, checking gums/teeth & capillary refill times; then putting them in the next kennel.

By 0830, I'm in my little hole in the wall (supposed to be an office).  Becca had already checked Voice Mails and had them in time order on the list, so I opened my Vet program, opened the Card Pointe Program that allows us to run Credit/Debit cards for payment and started the first calls...

At 903 am, got the text from Larry that the dogs (4 of them) had dug out of the back yard and were gone on a run.  A few minutes later, got the text that all were back except Lady (fostered pitt mix, spayed, girl) - whom he felt was probably enjoying the neighbor's hog lagoon again (OMG!).

At 906 am, Larry sent the text that there was "no Tory baby".

Then at 1005 am, he sent one asking if I'd gotten Baby Chick feed for the new ducks.  It was easier to return that text w/ a call while in-between calls of my own at work... call was 1 minute, 16 seconds.

>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>

At 1037 - he sent text saying "I was sitting, now out to check brand new baby..."

At 1043 - I got this one from Sierra (who was coming home from a meeting after her night shift).  I cropped it and added the name info tonight...

aAANNNNDDDDD now we know why Tory was SO BIG!!  This little girl is HUGE!  This is Tory's first filly since 2007 (her first foal).  she's had 5 colts in a row.  Still playing with names - but along the theme of April Fool's day (even if a little early) - thinking "Trickster" and calling her "Trixie".  May not stick - not sure yet (hope it does, not that I've done up 11 photos with that name... LOL).  All I could actually think of was "...she foaled in the DAYLIGHT, mid-morning..."

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2017, 10:52:27 PM »
O, and to follow the texting theme -

@ 1046 - larry sent - "Girl baby.Lots of white."

@ 1047 - "First poop complete"

@ 1047 - "Yes".  Sierra's response to my "Filly"?

@ 1054 - Larry sent - "Touched her all over.  Tory still VERY round.  Makes wonder if theres not another one except she passed the placenta."

I commented that "KOalah stayed round, too" - then "We'll check her later" & "More pic"?

@ 1128 - I hadn't heard anything else from either, so I sent - "Everything OK?"

@ 1129 - Larry sent " Yep.  Everybody is good to go.  Groceries located and everything."

I sent "OK, Pics?"

To which he replied @ 1130 - "Sierra took a bunch.  I thought she sent them to you."

@ 1152 I sent - "Only 1."

Then I didn't hear anything else.  At all...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:03 PM »
Congrats!  Trixie is a darling name.  And, can't wait to see more pictures.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly