Author Topic: LP Painted Ponys 2017  (Read 7714 times)

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
Re: LP Painted Ponys 2017
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2017, 10:12:10 PM »
I could open the album.   I have a Google toolbar, but I just clicked your link and it opened right up.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
Thanx for checking! 

I did change the code/link out and now anybody/everybody should be able to go to the album...  Just a PITA to have to go two layers deeper into Google to get the code rather than just do the html/page when you open the album (especially from my phone when I try to send a link to someone...).  Computer geeks - fixing it to make it better - GEEZE!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »
I am feeling better...  (THANK THE HEAVENS above).  I do not wish that on my worst enemy, it was TERRIBLE.  The abdominal pain, even w/ nothing in your system to release, was monstrous!  Our SIL did come down with it on Thursday and he's in bad shape, still.  Oldest daughter, Skye, is finally doing better (we were thinking we'd have to take her in for at least IV fluids as NOTHING was staying down, but on the Thursday she started keeping things down - 4 full days & one 1/2 day after she started.  The youngest daughter (that I know of - she's out of town and hasn't responded to my "how ya feeling" text) and youngest grand daughter have not had it (yet?).  Good news - I seem to be mostly over all the coughing (finally) from the bronchitis, too.

I checked Taff & Koalah last night.  I do believe they are pregnant, but I also think they have a ways to go yet (yes, different from my earlier prediction).  Koalah has her "hanging, flappy" bag w/o any real development yet.  Tory actually has the start of a very SMALL udder, I will see if I can get pics today again and go from there.  I will do udder pics, too, just for comparison. 

WHY o why is it soooo cold?  Will Mother Nature please stop this up & down?  Our low last night was 22* and I hope the plants I planted last weekend don't die!!  I am now not going to plant the blackberries and Honey Berry bushes quite yet and really, really glad I didn't get to them last weekend.

The folks who were working on our floor(s) didn't get the molding/trim-work done.  But we got tired of waiting for our LR back AND I'm not paying for another day, so Larry slowly working on it and now is putting the TV and everything back into the LR.  We should be back up and running tonight, before he has to go to bed before going into work.  We are moving the TV & couch positions from where they were.  We will see if that works.  Kinda neat!  I had missed the ability to move furniture around to "new" positions when deep cleaning every 6 months or so.   After 2 years in exact same positions (that didn't quite work), nice to try something new.  Larry not happy about the satellite receiver being right in front of all the windows, but the cable isn't long enough for it in the TV set up.  Personally, I think it will be cooler in it's own spot, but Larry doesn't agree.  I though it might be better to put the whole system in front of the window, but again, he doesn't agree.  Sometimes REALLY hate electronics...LOL.  We are actually entering a time when we won't be able to watch much again, too...  But my laptop stays hooked up next to the one futon/couch, so I will still spend time there, when not outside.  I can say this - we LOVE these futon couches.  Glad we spent the extra $$s on nice "mattress's" w/ covers that are also nice BUT can be removed and washed.  Yes, eventually the mattress's will need to be replaced, but they are lasting longer than any we've heard of before and nicely heavy duty.  Our first one is about 2-1/2 yrs old, the 2nd is about 1-3/4 zrs old and we will be getting another one for the den/fireplace room as well, sometime this year.  I would have preferred a more rustic, wooden frame but the metal ones we have are holding up NICE and they are light enough for me to move by myself (& set up as a bed, too).  They also sleep nice when laid out as a proper bed.  I do flip and turn the mattress every so often - so our "seats" don't create "holes"...    ;D

Nymbus is still with us, but again, something just seems a little off to me.  Hope it's just because I've been so ill and I'm the one "unbalanced"...  I'm not sure.  Yes, I have talked to the vet, she's seen his pics and doing a video shortly...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »
Okay, I'm a bit alarmed now about your mention of Nymbus.  What is "off" to you.  Please let us know what doesn't seem quite right, as others here may be able to offer up some experiences to share that might be helpful, and that's what we're all happy to do to help us all learn together.

Plus, you know we all get involved and in LOVE with our little ones here......SHARE.....SHARE
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2017, 09:39:12 AM »
Sorry I didn't come back on and say anything last night.  I still feel he looks a bit "funny"/moving in his hind end.  He was tipping backwards and falling down...  I went out and checked on him several times during that night that I mentioned, offering goats milk and he "played" in the bowl/drank some.

Then I crashed.  Yesterday morning - he's much stronger, he's moving better AND Taff seems to have more milk.  He's nursing a lot, but that's OK - when I see that she has milk and he appears stronger.  It bothered me A LOT when he seemed "off", unbalanced and was not moving right. 

Taff DID run over the top of him and knocked him down - to get away from us.  I think he could already use a chiro adjustment?  Thatt could also be the cause of him looking "off"/unbalanced?  He's much stronger and when I described everything to my "own" vet (no longer does farm/horse calls - but 1st one to answer phone on Friday), she wasn't too concerned.  He was stronger, well hydrated from what I described, pink gums, bright eyed.  Another vet (hospital w/ multiple vets) also didn't seem to concerned (I'd called them on 1st vet's recommendation & my farrier's recommendation - they ARE also on my backup ER call list) - made me not want to consider them for long w/ the lack of concern, though...  I was a little surprised?  I wondered if I was coming across as a frantic/fussy owner but made the calls while my farrier was working on ponies and I was holding them and she said no, I didn't come across that way.  She thought the baby looked good, but she's only been around mine at these ages...

Here's the non-blurry pics from yesterday afternoon.  I also always think it's so funny how some shetlands/minis are gaited and stay moving that way for a while.  He does not have trot down yet, that's for sure!

Meant to come back on and let you know last night...  SORRY
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
I'll bet with the good exercise he's getting now, you'll see him come all the way back.  I'm sure getting run over didn't help much, but his pictures look good, so I'd expect a good outcome from him.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »
He did great thru evening checks last night and was actually kicking up his heels when I went out to this morning.  I had an appointment this morning, so didn't go out until daylight.  It was nice to see everyone on a weekday in the daylight for both am/pm feedings, LOL.

I spent the afternoon with Vicki, a friend whom I've done lots of pony stuff with - checked out some changes they've made, the 2 new baby goats (well 4 if you include some older ones I hadn't met yet), got to see Koal, she showed me some equipment of ours she'll be having repaired (ripping out tree roots uncurls the "C" teeth on a spring tooth harrow, LOL)...

and this evening, everyone is doing ok.

I didn't  get pics of Koalah or Tory.  Sorry about that - phone not cooperating! 

Daughter left this am, driving to MT, and is doing hourly updates.  Since that started - my phone seems to be using a lot of power.  This is the 2nd time today it's been recharged.  Sierra left Lumberton, NC at 616am and is in Illinois as of 716pm...  Not sure where/when she will be stopping for the night yet.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2017, 07:57:04 PM »
Well a lot has happened since March 6th, :) 

Taff has steadily gained some good weight but gotten progressively wilder.  Nymbus has filled out and is moving beautifully BUT his dam has done a great job at protecting him and keeping him scared of us.  He's fast and good at hiding.  More on that later...

I did get pics taken of Koalah and Tory, but I neither had time to post them nor did I really want to.  With the bad weather we had, I got a pretty rude shock at how much weight they had both lost, too.  Since their bellys were filling out nicely AND their ribs were pretty well covered, mostly in the dark or fluffed up in the constant wind we've had, I did not notice that their toplines had dropped out.  They have had their feed increased and both are looking much better already, though they do have more weight to put on.

And Koalah went from her "hanging, flappy" udder on March 4th to this on the 13th -

plenty of edema and maybe foal shifting forward?

It's possible that the "extra" drop along her croup is her true "jelly butt", not just weight loss.  The reason I mention that is because Thursday I was looking at her and coming back and looking again.  I checked her several times thru the night, when also checking on our grandchildren (youngest was congested again!)...  Then right after the oldest picked up to go to school, the youngest was watching TV while I took a quick shower and we were going out to breakfast.  When leaving, I always look over everyone - if I'm the one who is driving, I'll stop and look at each individual area.  When I'm not, I have the driver slow/pause and check...  Well, Koalah looked strange (I had last checked her around 5)... and I had Larry turn left out of our driveway which skirts our pastures towards the neighbors and sure enough - there were extra legs (WHITE) on the opposite side of her (just like in June 2015)...

Meet Guinness - a true born St Patrick's Day baby!  After we turned around, got back into our driveway and went into the outer pasture and drove back to the mare pasture, Larry is greeting him here as the sun breaks above the tree tops and thru the clouds.

Larry steadies him and Gwen greets him.  His ears are still wet and so is his topside (but it was brisk enough to have been dew/frost).  He had already figured out where the groceries were, his umbilicus and hooves looked good and he'd passed his first meconium, though I have yet to see him actually pee (even today).  O, and Larry was a little surprised when I commented to several people that he had 2 "ballsies"...  (he did a serious head slap, just don't think he understands how important it is to me right now and probably will be for the rest of my life!)

We ended up having a delivery of fence posts and a neighboring family come by to visit us and the ponies. 

Then our daughter arrived home from her Montana trip and after a quick refresh herself in the house she came out to visit him before dark.

I have other photos that I haven't gotten done yet of Koalah and Guiness, Tory and Taff & Nymbus.

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2017, 08:13:10 PM »
Here are pictures I took of Tory on the 13th -

and then yesterday around 1pm -

and then yesterday evening -

She kept coming over to us (but just out of touching range) while we were handling Koalah and Guinness... 

A couple of checks on her during the dry part of the night, the rain started about 5 am.  Even in the rain, no baby.  Then the sun popped out this afternoon around 2pm and still no baby.  BUT when hay delivered, she went right up to one bale and instead of rubbing her bum side to side to itch like most of the ponies do, she backed up and braced her feet and seemed to move up/down vertically while butt pushing.  I will be checking her throughout the night (though probably not staying unless I have a "feeling" that I should).  Yes, I know, we could (and I think?) have a foal tonight... or tomorrow morning or maybe a week from now...

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »
SOOOO glad to have our youngest daughter home!!

She marched right in to the pen with Taff and Nymbus and accomplished what I hadn't been able to.  With a couple of EXTRA people, when she finally got her hand on the edge of a halter strap, she HELD ON...  Taff was able to drag her, but not too badly or much...

Pics of Taff and Nymbus in the Following foals thread.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 12:52:52 AM »
WELCOME GUINESS!!!  Another cutie for you!!  With some beautiful white markings, too!! 

And I'll be surprised if Tory goes much longer!  She is sure wide, but that can change so quickly!!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:36 PM »
Second that Diane , Welcome to the world Guinness  :)  Buying a lotto ticket tonight and If i win Paula , Ill be asking to buy him :)

I was just looking at the photos of your daughter in with them, happy she got close to them.

Agree Tory wont be much longer :)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2017, 06:32:24 AM »
Omg tory is HUGE!!!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2017, 09:55:31 AM »
My goodness! That's a big belly!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 09:02:09 PM »
Yep, and today is Tuesday night and she's still holding!!  I didn't get pictures tonight, tough I DID feed in the daylight (got ALL chores done before dark, YAY!!!).  I forgot to take my phone with me to work today, it was on the charger all day.  I didn't come into the house before doing chores...

I even caught up Taff's drag line, turned her head towards me when she realized I had her line, and drew her in.  She snorted and blew like mad.  Her ears went back and forth and she danced.  Two different times she acted like she was gonna jumpr right into/over me but I caught it and snapped the halter line, causing her to back off of me.  BUT I not only touched both sides of her head and muzzle but also picked up and held both front legs.  Now if only she would let us do that W/O having to have a halter & drag line on...  sigh.  And then there was her boy.  His eyes were big - when he held still.  But he took over her running around like mad and staying far away.  O well.  You deal with it as you go.

I touched Guinness but didn't catch him either.  But he looks good!  He sure knows how to follow mom around, too.  I never did get them separated from the group, instead taking out the last two mares that may be (pretty sure 'Clipse is, maybe Cheri - pics of them again this weekend) pregnant.  They needed to be separated to get more feed and when I moved the two boys, Wizard & Echo, I put them (Cheri & 'Clipse) in the blue panel main pen next to Taff.  Maybe, I'll be able to integrate Taff w/ them and their foals later and then MAYBE move Taff out to the pasture with them this summer?  That would be good!  The other 3 mares still in this group, with Koalah & Tory,  are KoKo (had 1st baby, Koal, 2016), GG (had 1st baby, Chylly, 2016) and Flower - a maiden 1/2 shetland.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC