Author Topic: LP Painted Ponys 2017  (Read 7710 times)

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
LP Painted Ponys 2017
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:30:05 PM »
I just realized this morning while looking thru these posts that I have about 2-3 weeks to get a "temp" stall put up for miss "Taff".  She is our wildest pony.  We've never been able to put her out in the main pastures - she blows right thru the fences and that's a rodeo I just don't want to deal with.  She's remained in the large blue panel pen (bigger than a 60' round pen, but not sure by how much).  Our daughter can corner her, get a halter on her and very carefully handle her but it's not easy or really enjoyable...  She WAS friendly with her last foal - she wanted us to fix him, we couldn't and he passed at 3 days of age - dummy foal.  She DID allow us to milk her out - don't ask how.  Once he was buried, she turned really nasty for quite a long time.

Anyhoo, need to put up panels that she can foal in with a hooped roof over the top.  Will hope to be there when she foals and be able to handle the foal right away or soon after...  Really think she'll foal in January - would have been covered between Feb 19-Mar 23. OR later from say March 26th - now...  (really think from the way she's looking that it will be a January foal).

Some of the others are looking like they are coming along, too.  I'll need to start getting pictures taken again, so we can track them.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Ryan

Re: LP Painted Ponys 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what she is hiding in there for you Paula.

Hope everything goes well and a healthy foal is on the way for you :)

Also looking forward to the rest of your ladies in waiting being added to this thread :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »
Can't wait to start watching the girls!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
She is beautiful, so looking forward to seeing everyones foals this year!!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
yes, foal watch will be exciting, even though from a questionable, cryptorchid stallion.

Believe we'll be watching these two as well - Koalah:

and Tory, thought I had some other shots, more recently, but seems I don't:

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »
Wow those girls look really full, already.  When are they due?
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 01:53:40 PM »
WOW!  And those pictures are from September???

Fabulous!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »
Taff (silver buckskin in blue panel pen) would be due from end of Dec - middle of March.  Toro in with her from 19 Feb thru 23 March.  Really feeling may be January foal.

Koalah, Tory, Cheri, 'Clipse and K-La were in the pasture when Toro got out of his pen and he ended up running with them from 23 March to 23 July (Have to look up July date).  So Koalah & Tory would be due around the beginning of Feb at the earliest (?)... Remember though that Tory got pretty large in 2015 and then never produced a foal and Koalah almost always looks large (but she DOES look like a true baby bump right now, LOL). 

Cheri and 'Clipse aren't really showing anything and K-la has a larger tummy but not sure she's truly pregnant.  She is also older now and is having some metabolic issues (laminitus) - so not really sure about her.  She has been wormed and I need to see if I can find some liquid Strongid to do a double dose (I don't have enough to do everyone). 

Didn't do pics yesterday - went out late and coughing too hard to hold even my phone steady enuff to take any decent pics. Maybe today?  We'll see.

One last mare was covered only one time (May 20th). Bell covered by Echo.  She was going out and I didn't breed her the next day.  Hope we caught her.  If she comes into season this spring instead of foaling, I'll be putting her with Echo.  Would really like to get another foal out of her and since I never bred her to AJ, breeding her to his son will work!  She will be 25 in May, though, and I usually don't bred too much at that age...  Her full sister has had problems with maintaining pregnancies since 2009 when I purchased her - finally carried one almost to full term in 2013 and then aborted :(   - colt appeared to have died in utero from a severely twisted cord that didn't allow any more nutrition to flow between them.  Bit was very sick for a while and I'm so glad that she was able to deliver the foal - even though dead.  So I've only had 2 foals from Bell.  We shall see...
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »
wow ! Seriously they are looking closer than Precious and she is due Jan - Feb.  Have you noticed any udder development in those girls yet? Precious has started the tiniest amount of fullness in the mornings.  I am surprised!!
live barn camera link:

Offline Ryan

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 06:18:01 PM »
They are looking great Paula , Koalah looks Huge:)

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
haha those girls know how to hang loose and be pregnant!

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »
Oh Paula....2017 will be here in less than a week......how are the girls coming along? I know you've been quite ill, so may not have updated piccies. We know you can describe what's going on with them though. With the group your expecting, we're all prepared with a cup of tea and a snack when we check your entries!
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 01:26:12 PM »
I finally got a couple of pics yesterday, but don't have them on my computer yet and I'm getting ready to go back outside.  Rain has cleared off a bit - maybe I will be able to get some pics today.  Or over this weekend.

Taff is getting really big but can't get angled right to see her udder.  Will be moving some panels today - haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do this yet.  Seriously considering moving her to round pen (different fencing) and moving the babies & Toro to the blue panel pen.  Have to think faster, I guess!

There has been some other things going on, not in the best of ways, and I hadn't shared yet.  May share later today?  Made for a bit of a rough 2 week Christmas break.  Between being sick myself, part of our family being sick and other things - Christmas itself was very subdued and quiet...

I'll be happy to leave 2016, not one of our best years, behind.  Reading that another actor whom we took joy in in the 80s has moved on, has really added to the ...  disquiet.  Too many, all at once, at the end of 2016.

Looking forward to the foals in 2017. 
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 09:41:43 PM »
Paula, seems the end of 2016 has been tough on a lot of us. Sure hope 2017 is better!
live barn camera link:

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 09:24:28 PM »
You've got that right, Holly.  Thank you.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC