Message Boards > Foaling Questions & Help

LP Painted Ponys 2017

(1/19) > >>

paintponylvr:
I just realized this morning while looking thru these posts that I have about 2-3 weeks to get a "temp" stall put up for miss "Taff".  She is our wildest pony.  We've never been able to put her out in the main pastures - she blows right thru the fences and that's a rodeo I just don't want to deal with.  She's remained in the large blue panel pen (bigger than a 60' round pen, but not sure by how much).  Our daughter can corner her, get a halter on her and very carefully handle her but it's not easy or really enjoyable...  She WAS friendly with her last foal - she wanted us to fix him, we couldn't and he passed at 3 days of age - dummy foal.  She DID allow us to milk her out - don't ask how.  Once he was buried, she turned really nasty for quite a long time.

Anyhoo, need to put up panels that she can foal in with a hooped roof over the top.  Will hope to be there when she foals and be able to handle the foal right away or soon after...  Really think she'll foal in January - would have been covered between Feb 19-Mar 23. OR later from say March 26th - now...  (really think from the way she's looking that it will be a January foal).

Some of the others are looking like they are coming along, too.  I'll need to start getting pictures taken again, so we can track them.

Ryan:
Looking forward to seeing what she is hiding in there for you Paula.

Hope everything goes well and a healthy foal is on the way for you :)

Also looking forward to the rest of your ladies in waiting being added to this thread :)

dcwolcott:
Can't wait to start watching the girls!

Holly:
She is beautiful, so looking forward to seeing everyones foals this year!!

paintponylvr:
yes, foal watch will be exciting, even though from a questionable, cryptorchid stallion.

Believe we'll be watching these two as well - Koalah:

and Tory, thought I had some other shots, more recently, but seems I don't:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version