Author Topic: Flowers, Trees & trails started  (Read 2564 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Flowers, Trees & trails started
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »
All looking very nice!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
I really like that color flooring Paula , great choice :)

Cant wait to see pics of the trails. If these are big trees will you be able to use the wood for fire wood throughout winter ?

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »
Thanks!  Here's more pics - this is of the work on Dining Room Floor (molding/edging not done yet in Fireplace Room).  We also purchased the flooring for the LR and will be doing it in February as well as getting the molding/edging work done in all 3 rooms.  Then will go back to doing more work on trails.

Yes, Ryan, we are able to use the trees for firewood.  Because of the time of year we cut (sap not up high), we should even be able to use all the pine as well as the Oak.  Some of it is being left to rot back into the ecosystem and some is being added to the "bonfire" pile in our pasture. 

Here's pics of the DR work.  They arrived about 2.5 hours later than originally planned (I've talked w/ a lot of people and that seems to be common with contractors?) and only worked 'till 6 pm, so the floor isn't done... Thought they'd get it done in one day, disappointing that it's not - especially when they kept saying it would be (I'd originally planned on 2 - was going to do it later in Feb for that reason.  They said could do it in one, so I had them come out earlier, my gosh-awful bad.  Larry NOT happy)...

Does anyone on this forum know where the flag is from?

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »

Several more runs are fully or partially done and that corner is finished.  I will take more pics tonight and see if can get them posted.  Also, we DID do more trail work, still working on some 125 pics, not all of which I will be "fixing" or putting in their online photo album...  BUT will post some of those here as well.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Ryan

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »
Not sure where the flag is from or originated from.

Floor is coming together well. Its always the way, when you think a deadline or finish date is too good to be true, it usually isnt.

I also have a rather large bon fire ( just waiting to the fire ban to be lifted) that needs to be burned. I wanted or had hoped to do it last year but ran out of time and now there are alot of rabbits calling it home and maybe a fox or two.

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
Yes, Ryan I know! 

Well, here's pics of the DR floor done...  OOPS.  I don't even have them resized yet...  Will do more later.  Have to go out again right now...

Here's the LR floor -

BUSTED!  Yes, that pony wall is a horizontal surface that collects stuff... We are/can be bad about that.

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2017, 12:23:28 AM »
and here are the pictures of the Den (Fireplace room) and the Dining Room (only a couple)...  These were taken on February 3rd.

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 12:25:07 AM »
and the last one...

Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 08:37:54 AM »
WOW! You've made a lot of progress!!!  Looking good!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2017, 05:46:48 PM »
Looks great Paula :)