Author Topic: Hi! Pregnant Haflinger question  (Read 11912 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Hi! Pregnant Haflinger question
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2016, 09:59:09 PM »
If her udder isnt going up and down , then I dont think you will be waiting much longer ....

Very excited for you  ;pray

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2016, 09:46:56 AM »
Sounds like she is making good progress!
Very excited for you!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Suebe

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
Here's the newest photos! Weirdly Ryan she has never gone up and down with udder size, just a slow steady up hmmmm

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2016, 03:56:37 PM »
The excitement is killing me! I wish you milk tested so we would know where she is at!!
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »
She is doing wonderfully.  From the first picture I'd say she still has a bit more to go, in getting those nipples a bit more separated and pointing straight down!  Her elongation looks fabulous and with her vulva peeking open, you'd better set up the card table, put on the coffee and find a deck of cards -- and a partner to play with, if you can get one!  LOL
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2016, 06:10:03 PM »
Ditto the above.

If im not around Sueb, best wishes for the safest of arrivals

;pray

Offline Anna

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2016, 06:12:16 AM »
Christmas baby??   :D

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »
How many days is she now Suebe?
live barn camera link:

Offline Suebe

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2016, 10:11:41 AM »
Oh my Diane I didn't even notice the peeping vulva! Ugh lol! Thank you Ryan have a wonderful holiday! Haha I guess we could have a xmas baby the way it's looking but technically she's only 305 days today Holly. I have her barn stall on a camera but it gets so black out in the barn when it's closed at night that I would need to start leaving the light on all night, that way I could watch her from my iphone. Do you think the light will be disturbing and stress her out because I feel like I might have to start doing it in like a week or so by how fast she's moving along.

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2016, 12:59:48 PM »
Oh my Diane I didn't even notice the peeping vulva! Ugh lol! Thank you Ryan have a wonderful holiday! Haha I guess we could have a xmas baby the way it's looking but technically she's only 305 days today Holly. I have her barn stall on a camera but it gets so black out in the barn when it's closed at night that I would need to start leaving the light on all night, that way I could watch her from my iphone. Do you think the light will be disturbing and stress her out because I feel like I might have to start doing it in like a week or so by how fast she's moving along.
I've known of people to use those rope lights to give a warm glow to their barn stall, so they could see some in the foaling stall with less disturbance.   I'll see if I can find a link.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-18-ft-216-Light-Clear-Rope-Light-TY-18ROPE-C/207045291?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|DigitalDecor|google|D28O+Decorative+Holiday|_pkw__pmt__product_207045291&mid=sIh37q9bb|dc_mtid_8903yuu57254_pcrid_142879503754_pkw__pmt__product_207045291_slid_&gclid=CPjShKSl-dACFYK3wAodhlkCGQ
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »
I have a low watt bulb in my stall, mine is a 38. Dim enough but also light enough to see well. For night foaling. I use the camera program to tighten the picture so my barn looks lighter on camera than it really is.
My stall is a 12 x 12 and camera & light at 11 ft high. Hope that helps!
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »

I'd either leave on a light, or run some white Christmas lights in the barn so you can see at night.  The light won't bother her, but I'd be watching her very closely or sleeping in the barn if it were me.  At 305 days she'll do just fine when she decides it's time.  And a Christmas baby sounds delightful Anna!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Suebe

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »
These are great ideas thank you! I'll look into these lights immediately. Our barn overhead lights are huge and bright like daylight, so probably annoying to leave on for sure! Here's a few pics I just took. I decided it's best to lock her in her barn stall at night now. It's a nice size 32x16. I don't trust her. She likes to be outside at night and it's in the 30's right now.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2016, 11:06:58 PM »
Not much "lopsidedness" going on now.  Hmmmm

Offline Suebe

« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »
the baby seems to be staying like that the last two days. I suppose she'll wax prior since she's had a baby before?! Is that the most reliable sign of closeness to foaling?