Author Topic: Hi! Pregnant Haflinger question  (Read 12108 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Re: Hi! Pregnant Haflinger question
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
I would bet on that being wax. I would keep all eyes on her now.
I've had mares wax for almost a week. So it could be any time to ?. She may even stop waxing and hang on for a bit. Best wishes for a safe foaling!! So
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Suebe

« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2016, 02:33:10 AM »
Hi everyone it's 11:30 almost midnight in SoCal. Came out to check on Pandora, she has an entirely different attitude, very cranky very unlike her, she's literally a doll all the time. I got a super quick pic of her vulva just hours after the last one I sent you and it looks so different. Very flat if that makes sense, sorry the pic is si bad!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2016, 05:45:14 AM »
Oh my!! Looks much more relaxed!!
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2016, 05:58:09 AM »
Yes, much more relaxed, and that change of attitude is important to note.  Even the little "peeking" of the inside of the vulva.

Keep your "eagle eyes" on her.  We'll hope for a few more days for you, but I'm not sure we can win that bet! But, we know that these ladies plan to confuse us!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Anna

« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2016, 06:04:14 AM »
Have you got an 'indoor viewer' that you are sitting by so she can be watched all the time? I'm a bit worried by your saying that you 'went out to check on her'. How often do you check? Every 20 minutes is not often enough which is why most of us take up 'residence' outside with our girls.  Even a quick dash to the loo or to grab a cuppa can mean that there will be a foal there (without any pre-labour signs) on ones return.  One year I got up from my 'barn chair' and wandered down the foaling barn to give everyone their midnight hay snack. The first mare tucked into her hay as did most of the others, but two of them didn't bother - they want wtching I thought.  Walked back down the barn (50feet in length) and the first mare had a new baby beside her and was laying there still with a mouthful of her hay. Checked her only to hear 'noises' from back up the barn, non eating mare was pushing baby out, finished helping her and more noises heard. Back to other non eating mare who was rolling about, red bag, phew all ok with a little help.  Got my breath back and glanced at my watch - three babies in 18 minutes - good job I wasn't trying the check every 20 minutes rota!! LOL!!
Not having a go at anyone, just offering some friendly advice and proof about how fast things can happen.   :)

Offline Suebe

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2016, 06:16:16 AM »
Diane I'm trying so hard to stay awake with short naps on my phone alarm.  Anna haha! That's quite a story LOL! I totally understand and I missed our donkeys birth, walked inside the house came out one hour later she was licking a baby that was already standing up Lol! This time I have a camera, shows her entire barn stall, it's on all the time I'm looking at it but I keep dozing off. I walked out to check on her because she'd been standing in that same corner so long and making faces literally.

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »
Suebe, is there anyway you can get your stream online? there are free ones and U Stream is very simple. That way we can help you, and call if we see something. I can do my best to try to help you get online today.
live barn camera link:

Offline Suebe

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2016, 11:19:38 AM »
Thank you, How do I do that?

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
Sent you a pm
live barn camera link:

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2016, 11:45:46 AM »
This is the link to U Stream, http://www.ustream.tv/  Setting up with them for free is easy, It will be helping you get your barn cam connected to your computer, which I may be able to help you do. Let me know if I can help!
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2016, 06:09:12 PM »
I'm in agreement with Anna.  I had something similar happen while walking down the aisle of my barn.  Attended the birth of 3 little ones, one right after the other, then took a short walk down the aisle and found I had "missed" one that didn't get out of the sack.  And this little momma wasn't due for a couple of weeks, and I never even guessed that baby would come that night.

The ladies are tricky!!  I didn't have anyone to share my watch with, so I used to just sleep in the barn during delivery season -- and with the maidens, I slept in their stalls overnight. 

We're praying for a perfect delivery for you!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2016, 06:16:35 PM »
I hope Suebe was able to get some rest today!
live barn camera link:

Offline Suebe

« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2016, 12:08:59 PM »
Oh my gosh Diane that's such a sad story :( I never understood why the instincts of the mother wouldn't tell her to bite that bag open, seems like nature would have made it that way. Pandora is laying down moaning right now like she's done several times over the past few days. I've been a bit preoccupied two kids with the stomach flu puking and of course watching Pandora. I clicked on the link for the live stream but I don't understand how I can attach the cam. It's one of a dozen cameras that watch our property and home so it's an entire system. Not sure I can put up just that one

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
So sorry the kids are sick.  Praying for their speedy recovery.

Sounds like the momma is uncomfortable, which we would expect at this point.  I'm praying for an easy and uneventful delivery of a healthy little one, and can't wait to see it!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »
Sorry kiddos are under the weather. Hope they get feeling better soon.
If you get a chance update with pictures.
live barn camera link: