Author Topic: Research ~ Amnions needed!  (Read 518 times)

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Research ~ Amnions needed!
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:21:52 AM »
Pony and horse friends, I need your assistance. How many foals are you having in 2017? Would you be willing to spend a few minutes to collect the amniotic membrane (white tissue attached to the placenta) to send to my son and daughter-in-law's company, Seed Biotech. They process the membrane and make healing patches for surgery, wounds, eyes, etc. We can give you links to see the successes. The collection process just takes a few minutes to prepare and then FEDEX to the lab.
Many of the membranes we collected in 2016 were used in testing and research to have the patches approved for human use as well. If you are having 1 or 20 foals, you can help. If you are willing to help, please message or email me at lazyjearly@aol.com for more information and details. THANK YOU!

I am participating in this and hope that many of my friends will consider doing so! They send everything needed, all you need to do is send in the amnion!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Re: Research ~ Amnions needed!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »
;prayBUMPING FOR FOALING SEASON ;pray
Holly, I don't have any mares here. I did look at the website when you originally posted this and thought I'd bump it up now. Do you have this posted on any other forums or facebook (or other social media?) How many amnions do they normally harvest? How many do they need? How many patches do they make per average sized donation?

As an aside.....too bad spell checker!! I WON'T capitalize "facebook". I just WON'T!  >:D
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
Re: Research ~ Amnions needed!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
I wish I knew all the answer to the question. I am doing this for a friend whose son is involved so I  don't know a lot.
I donated one so far and I guess I have a few more to offer!
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com