Author Topic: weaning???  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
Re: weaning???
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2016, 10:52:06 PM »
I'll just need to remember to bring out the camera to get the pictures.

Too bad they're not like human young...."let me take a selfie!"  ;D ;D

Can you imagine??

Bossy: "How could you? Just..how COULD you? You saw them coming with the calf puller, and instead of throwing a horse blanket over me, you took a PICCIE!!"

Buttercup: "I, I, I.... ;D ;D ;D....I just couldn't resist! If you'd only SEEN your expression when that chain started clattering!!  >:D >:D"
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2016, 06:08:21 AM »
LOL!!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
OMG, Julie, ROFLMAO!!!  Too funny!

Glad that you haven't been hit by the really nasty weather yet, Chanda.  My sister says it's pretty miserable right now in Shelby (they live about 9 miles south of Shelby). Just above the Marias River on the East side of i-15.

Can't wait to see pics of the calves.  I like seeing them.  Glad we can post other pics while waiting for these babies to come along!!

I have no desire at this time to have cattle, though I've been asked.  If we were to do any at all - think I'd have to look into grass fed mini cattle only.  Not sure what breed.  Probably going to stick to other small livestock and the ponies, though.  We aren't yet quite ready to add the goats...  They will also be a mini breed - either Kinder, Nigerian Dwarf or Pygmy.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »
OMG, Julie, ROFLMAO!!!  Too funny!

Glad that you haven't been hit by the really nasty weather yet, Chanda.  My sister says it's pretty miserable right now in Shelby (they live about 9 miles south of Shelby). Just above the Marias River on the East side of i-15.

Shelby is that much closer to the mountains, and also in the path of the storms, that just seem to split and go around us; suits us just fine.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly