Author Topic: Sassy has a problem  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Ryan

Re: Sassy has a problem
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 05:44:03 PM »
Poor Sassy , Glad she is on the mend  ;pray

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 06:27:00 PM »
Yes much better today !
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Lnight89

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 09:22:25 PM »
Great news!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
Glad that Sassy is on the mend! 
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 07:40:41 PM »
Yes! Her udder is almost completely back to normal now
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
Thank goodness!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »
Good news is Sassy's udder is back to normal. Even a bit smaller than when she came. She should have returned to heat and hasnt, so here is hoping she is bred. I dont know if she would cycle anymore this year anyway, so if she didnt take spring isnt to far away :)
live barn camera link:

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 05:51:10 AM »
Crossing fingers she's cooking something for you!  And great to hear she's back to normal!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2016, 08:53:39 AM »
".....so if she didnt take spring isnt to far away :)"

Geeeeee, thanks Holly. You know, of course, that by saying this you've delayed spring by at least six weeks, don't you??!!  ;D ;D

(I won't tell anyone else, but I already suspected this from what the Farmers' Almanac and my critters were showing me.)
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:55 AM »

(I won't tell anyone else, but I already suspected this from what the Farmers' Almanac and my critters were showing me.)

Hey Julie friend!  U R only 45 miles away from us.  What are your critters showing you and how?

Our ponies started "hairing up" in August - but for this time of year their winter coats are VERY, VERY light this year.  Nothing like last year at this time.  Everyone keeps saying it's going to be a "hard, long, cold" winter and ours aren't showing it - for the first time in years.  Even Cat, our farrier, was surprised yesterday by how light the coats are on all of the senior mares - usually the first ones to hair up heavily.

The only two that have appreciably thicker/longer coats are Bit and Kechi and I feel more because of their issues than because of indices of winter...

Some of our birds are getting a bit fluffier, but again, rather on the slow side.

I have lots of acorns on the ground - the squirrels are jumping tree to tree (I think I've identified at least 3 different ones) but they don't seem to be too industrious.  Usually, by now, a lot of the acorns are gone.  Of course, some of that may have been due to "Mathew" beating the trees right out of their produce?  Not sure...

Working on a couple of pics I took yesterday.  Hmm, going thru pics, I don't have any good representations from previous years - in same time frame on same ponies.  Maybe Cheri, doing her pics now and will post.  These ponies will hair up more going into winter and they should be heavier coated before really severe weather hits in January/February, but it's surprising to see how "light" they are when it's already November and they started growing coats clear back in July/Aug and were so miserable in the heat wave we were having then.

Holly - how is Sassy doing now?

Our 3 mares still have udders - which surprised me UNTIL I realized that 2 of the mares are sidling up to the round pen where the babies are and allowing them to nurse.  That is more KoKo than GG - Koal is still "crying" for his mom, too, where as the fillies, even Jynx, have stopped.  Kechi also still has a bit of an udder BUT she didn't get her feed stopped which would have significantly reduced the udder size faster.
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 08:54:37 AM »
Sassy is back to normal, thank God!

Back to her Sass a frass attitude. We are making headway with her but it's slow going. I look forward to continuing to connect with her.
Our ponies are not very fluffy either.  But we haven't had much cool weather at all. 
live barn camera link:

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2016, 07:35:25 PM »
I started a weather predictions thread, but to keep up here (and move me up from Jr. Member status LOL!) I'll comment here too.

Spanky is like many others. He has a moderate chin beard, and very short, plush hair. No feathering started, but mane and tail are very long and growing quickly. Ants aren't burrowed very deeply, squirrels are not chubby and don't appear to be stashing much, and my wild birds aren't really looking for hand-outs yet.

I'm thinking that the Farmers' Almanac is on track for this area....a long (into late April) winter that's very wet and average cold. *shrug* As it's my first winter on this micro farmstead, I'm still learning the signs. Trees have only just started loosing their canopy leaves, and the rest of the undergrowth is currently looking like evergreen stuff. I know it's not, so it'll be interesting to see how things change during the next month.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
And we're so happy that you are posting more and sharing with us!!  I just love it!