Author Topic: The Wolcott Family's "new colt" !!  (Read 2990 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: The Wolcott Family's "new colt" !!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 04:44:44 PM »
Yes, I'm so glad that part is over.  I'm waiting until I feel better to even think about scheduling the state exam. I was sure worried during the test, and knew some answers were wrong, but just couldn't get my head around the right answer.  So, I'm very happy that I did as well as I did -- I didn't think I had done quite so well.  What a relief!!!

It's kind of weird the way they do it here in Florida.  If you fail the class test, you have to wait 30 days to retake it to get the certificate for the state exam.  And yet, if you fail the state exam, you can take it again the next day by just paying a fee.  Stupid!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Ryan

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2016, 05:52:45 PM »
Congratulations on your wonderful result, I hope your starting to feel better :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »
I was actually feeling a bit more poorly this morning, but this evening, I'm feeling a bit better.  Hoping the medicine is finally taking hold.

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »
I was finally well enough to go visit little Ryan.  He's up to 5 pounds now, but still tiny!!  I gave them the baby quilt that Chanda made, and they just LOVED it!!!!!

I was so happy to have the quilt for Chase!  You could tell he was so pleased to be included in getting a gift, too!  He also LOVED the quilt, and loved all the special fabrics in it -- and of course, he just loved the color palette!

Chanda, thank you so much for making this a VERY special gift day for everyone!

Offline Chanda

• Global Moderator
  • When life hands you scraps, make quilts.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »
I was finally well enough to go visit little Ryan.  He's up to 5 pounds now, but still tiny!!  I gave them the baby quilt that Chanda made, and they just LOVED it!!!!!

I was so happy to have the quilt for Chase!  You could tell he was so pleased to be included in getting a gift, too!  He also LOVED the quilt, and loved all the special fabrics in it -- and of course, he just loved the color palette!

Chanda, thank you so much for making this a VERY special gift day for everyone!
Yeah!  Glad they are happy.   Glad Chase liked his quilt and they adults liked Ryan's quilt.
Chanda
HC Minis

Stallions: Little Kings Cat on Top, Paper Mache`
Mares: Misty, Tana, Sophia, Bliss, Bonny, Dolly and Baybe
Geldings: Dakota, Monte and Manny, Spotty
Donkey: Tilly

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »
O:-) O:-) O:-) O:-) O:-)
Thank you for the update that included a picture Diane. My twins had so much hair, it always surprises me when I see other babies without it.  :))

It's good to see that his jaundice has cleared up, I know that can be a bit frightening. I like his stars pillow and anchors blanket. Do you think they'll represent an adventurous, dreamy spirit that always returns to it's grounded roots? (Mystic in me making itself known!)  It also looks like he's filling out a bit. His fingers and arms don't look so "spare."

Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but what is the class and certification you are taking? It's interesting for me to know the details of folks I meet and know. Rounds out who they are.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 08:05:35 PM »
Sorry I've been quiet but in Texas taking care of Katy after her surgery on Tuesday. I'll catch everyone up when I get home, and from all the posts I see, I've got a lot to catch up on!!!

Offline Ryan

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »
Hope everything went well with the surgery :)

Have a good trip "home"

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 10:37:47 PM »
Looking forward to the catch up.

Stay safe en-route to home!!

;pray
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2016, 11:10:34 AM »
Got home late last night and sorry to have to leave my daughter and those wonderful grandchildren.  But Katy's husband is there and basically works from home, so he'll be there while she recuperates.

It was an involved surgery (several hours) for her herniated disk which was the L1 just above the sacrum, and involved the sacrum, the L1 vertebrate and several nerves.  This was a more involved surgery, as to get to the site, they had to go through the abdomen to get to the spine. They call it an Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF), where they removed the herniated disk by entering the pelvis from the front, moving everything aside to get to the spine, then removing the disk, placing a spacer with a bone graft inside.  The idea is for the body to fuse to this bone graft which takes 6-12 months.  She came through the surgery very well, and when she went walking on day 1 the back pain she had been suffering with was gone.  So, now it's just the pain from the surgery.

She won't be allowed to resume her surgical practice for at least 3 months, as they want her back to fuse, so no "forward tipping" like leaning over a patient undergoing surgery.  She has quite a bit of vacation time so she is taking 2 months off before going back, which will give her some excellent time with her kids which she is very excited about.

This will be especially nice as they will be deploying her back to the war in July.  So, this will give her the time with her kids that she will lose during the summer.

I'm glad to be back, as I so MISSED THIS GROUP OF FRIENDS, but my days were busy with her recuperation and the grandkids going to school and back, etc.

NOW TO TRY AND CATCH UP!!!!!