Author Topic: Do you think Willow is in foal?  (Read 18061 times)

Offline Carly Rae

Re: Do you think Willow is in foal?
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
I asked my mum about the pregnancy test, I think she sees it as a waste.

So I have been doing jobs for my Nan. Kevins gelding fees sent me broke. ☺ So far I have $25 haha. She has a few more jobs in line this afternoon for me.
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Ryan

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »
Has she been in season at all this summer ?

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2017, 12:46:08 AM »
Not sure about the pregnancy test, it has come to $55 adding postage.

She hasn't as far as I know. If Id take her away from Toby for a few days, and when I put her back in with him he goes crazy and she stands for him, but he only has one burst of excitement when he sees her again and he doesn't touch her again after that thats all I've seen.

Although when we had our old Stallion Billy, he was mounting Willow up to around 3 months prior to foaling and she was standing for him giving us the impression she wasn't pregnant at all, thats another reason why we were so shocked on Bam-bam's delivery. We ended up calling her old owners and she said Willow has confused her a few times when she stands for the stallions, making her think she wasn't pregnant.

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2017, 04:36:05 AM »
Here's an update, If she is pregnant, would she be showing any udder development, or is it too soon still??

I dont think the last photo looking on top of her back is useful, but I have seen some updates with it, so I just added one.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
If she is pregnant and she took at the end of April 2016 then she would have a couple of months to go ? If that is the case then she should be starting to develop an udder shortly .

Im a little confused when I look at her. Sometimes Im thinking "Yes", then sometimes  im thinking "No" .

Offline Ryan

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 07:57:32 PM »
Have you been able to feel any movement when shes eating her hay ?

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »
I have taken one photo of her udders yesterday, so I can compare it to see if its changed when she starts getting an udder if that makes sense.

I'm hoping shes just being sneaky.  :-\

I haven't tried yet, I'll go out and try after this. :)

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2017, 09:45:41 PM »
So I was just out with Willow I felt for movement, she was moving her head around a bit, but I did feel her belly roll, It freaked me out at first, but I wasn't looking at her head to see if it was just her. I felt a few little 'ripple' feelings, then nothing.
I might have another feel later this afternoon and check a few times a day  :). It could just be my hopeful mind playing tricks on me.

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 05:47:07 AM »
Let us know again.
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Rocklone

• Rocklone Miniature Horses
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2017, 03:21:01 PM »
Lol i can say with 99% certainty shes pregnant. Shes totally all one sided on the back photo and has a significant drop on  the first photo.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2017, 05:21:35 PM »
Not sure Im 99% certain but the one photo that leans me in that direction is the side on photo that shows she has edema.

Have you managed to feel any movement yet Carly ?

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2017, 05:32:27 PM »
Exciting!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 04:16:27 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted earlier! I had read some of the posts but completely forgot to reply, I have been back to school its been flat out here. I haven't been getting home till 7:30 to 8 pm so its been too dark to go see Willow.

I finally got out and saw her today, I only just made it before dark. I have some photos, I also felt for movement quickly, I felt nothing, but I was probably there barley 5 minutes. Its a public holiday tomorrow, so Ill have a better feel then. :)

Offline Silver City Heritage Farm

• Bye 2020! Hope dog bitya AND door hitya!
    • Silver City Heritage Farmstead
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 05:36:11 PM »
The only comment I have is the appearance of what looks like a milk vein, combined with the growing edema. She's not really looking like she's overweight, so I don't think that's what we can attribute the edema to.

Just as an aside comment....when was the last time it rained there??? The poor earth looks very thirst.
Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Specializing in Heritage poultry, vegetables and cut flowers. Miniature horses for the everyday family, until they're ready to move up to the rated shows and programs!

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 08:22:47 PM »
Hmm, It last rained a few days ago, but we didn't get very much. We have been going through big heat waves that can last a week or two then we get very little rain, mainly a storm, then its nice for a few days then it goes very hot again.  :-\

We have some massive cracks in the soil, its pretty bad, I have been tripping in a few of them. We need some rain that's for sure.