Author Topic: Do you think Willow is in foal?  (Read 18303 times)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
    • Castle Rock Miniature Falabellas & American Miniatures
Re: Do you think Willow is in foal?
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
Yes, please give us an update!!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2017, 02:51:05 AM »
Ahh what!
My post must not have gone through properly! I actually posted (well thought I did) about 4 or 5 days ago.
Haha I'm so tired, who knows what I did.

Well I'll post the photo from the 27th of Feb as well as today's.

These are the 27th.
Willow, Kevin, Piper, Specter, Spider & Dashaspring

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2017, 02:51:54 AM »
And these are from today.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »
Good steady progress Carly , thanks for the update :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »
Things are moving ahead very nicely!  Even small changes, when they are constantly happening, is very good!
'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2017, 01:35:41 AM »
Yay! I can't wait for this foal to get here!! ;D

Today I bought myself a saddle! Getting quite excited!

This time next week I will meet our newest addition, Hot Shot!  ;D
I'm finally getting back in the saddle, last time I have ridden was 6 years ago. I loved it, I just didn't get the right horse for me as a beginner.

Hot Shot is getting given to me by Tenae's boss as he has a leg injury from when he was playing Polocrosse and needs surgery and cant ride anymore and just wants him to go to a good home.

He is a 14 yo TB crossed with either a Quarter horse or Australian Stock horse as far as I know, and he is 16hh.
He has been a polocrosse horse for a long time, but his owner is confident he is good for beginners and was going to give him to a polocrosse family for young kids to learn on but he chose not to as they apparently dont care for the older horses as much as the young competing ones or something.

So I have offered to give him a loving home and Tenae has offered to give me a hand in learning  :) Very stoked! Can't wait to meet him!

I also may or may not have asked the owner to send me a picture of him haha! I have known about getting him for about 2 weeks now, so I am really testing my skills in the patience department!  :))

Offline paintponylvr

• LP Painted Ponys
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »
That's great Carly, we'd love to have updates as you learn about riding and adjust to your new partner.

Enjoy the times ahead!!
Paula Hoffman
LP Painted Ponys
Cameron, NC

Offline Holly

• Siana Miniature Horses
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2017, 09:42:57 AM »
Super Happy for you! I just love love to ride.
I love jumping and obstacles. And I love trail riding. So relaxing just jumping up and taking in nature.
live barn camera link:

http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1258

Sianaminiaturehorses.webs.com

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2017, 04:09:35 AM »
Thank you both! I'll definitely post some photos when I get him, we have set up our fencing arrangements to accommodate all of our 7, soon to be 9 horses. I just have to drive old red down the back and clean up all the barbed wire and mesh floating around.

Which means we may even be able to get Hotshot during the week sometime so my dad can meet him before he has to go back to work again! Super excited!  :D

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2017, 04:30:39 AM »
Oh and back on the topic of Willow, I have been a bit worried about her. She is walking like she is in pain, with small slow steps and shes laying down a bit more than usual.

We have had some good rain here and the little yards she was in have been chopped up a bit and there is heaps of deep ish hoof prints everywhere and they are now dry making the ground uneven.
I was thinking maybe her joints were sore from being so uneven. So I have put her on flat ground to see if it helps any. Her legs or feet arent hot.

Or maybe she is just super uncomfortable. Shes eating fine and everything and seems to be getting around fine,  just very slow. Ill just keep a good eye on her

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »
It's not uncommon for her to be a bit uncomfortable at this point.  But KUDOS to you for watching her carefully enough to note a change in her.  It's good to hear that her hooves are not hot, because sometimes after bouts of rain that keeps the ground moist, some horses can get thrush in their hooves that can be very uncomfortable.

I'm thinking that perhaps baby has shifted a bit and she's uncomfortable with the position the little one is riding in.  Some rolling or butt pushing should help shift baby around, and hopefully she'll be more comfortable. 

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »
Shes the same this morning. I have also noticed her poop is very green and half sloppy. And a small bit of her vulva looks to be a bit swollen. 
Ill post a photo update in a bit.

Also after this rain the grass in our house yard is very green now, could too much green grass give her a sore belly? I will put her out into the paddock today.

Offline Carly Rae

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2017, 04:53:56 PM »
Also she is looking quite thin from above.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »
Shes looking good Carly and to me, looking at the last lot of pics, baby has moved position. Do you think that the soften manure is that she has been introduced to the green grass to quickly ?

What are others thinking ? :)

Offline dcwolcott

• Diane Wolcott
  • Administrator
  • Happy to see everyone!
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2017, 06:46:09 PM »
I agree baby has moved, and that udder is still growing!!  Good momma!  I'm excited to see this little one, as I'm sure you are too, Carly!!